2024 Yankees Season | Page 60 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Yankees Season

Saw that coming.

It was a "safe" HBP... not overly dangerous even if intentional. Which is why I think both teams moved on with not much of a word.

I have no reason to believe that any of the Yanks threw intentionally at any Jays this weekend, but it had got up to 7 hit batters over 4 games, and the last one was against the Jays best hitter who is on a tear. When you get to that point, the other team might push back.

The Jays don't play with much pride. But some push back was justified. I wasn't expecting it to be honest.

It was a "safe" HBP... not overly dangerous even if intentional. Which is why I think both teams moved on with not much of a word.

I have no reason to believe that any of the Yanks threw intentionally at any Jays this weekend, but it had got up to 7 hit batters over 4 games, and the last one was against the Jays best hitter who is on a tear. When you get to that point, the other team might push back.

The Jays don't play with much pride. But some push back was justified. I wasn't expecting it to be honest.
I get all this, no objection. Sometimes I wonder how much of it is actual reaction vs. just don't care if I do hit him. Also, NYY just got spanked B2B by Baltimore and the Mets, and their pitchers were smacked around in both series, and it was happening again in TO. Sooner or later they're going to get testy and stop hitters from diving into every pitch.
noidea.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foxda130

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom