2024 Yankees Season | Page 91 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Yankees Season

Is there something about Judge's swing that is the reason he hits so many homers to right?
I think he doesn’t try and pull everything to left and goes with the pitch. Strategy is to pitch him low and away. He is strong enough and has a good eye and when he recognizes the pitch he can drive it to right. Same thing with Soto hitting home runs to left.

Anything less than taking 4 out of 3 from the lowly White Sox would be a disgrace.

I'll see that and raise you one- anything less than 5 out of 3 would be unsatisfactory! :cool:

I think he doesn’t try and pull everything to left and goes with the pitch. Strategy is to pitch him low and away. He is strong enough and has a good eye and when he recognizes the pitch he can drive it to right. Same thing with Soto hitting home runs to left.
There are so few players today, it seems, that are willing to go with the pitch. They keep trying to pull the ball and then take a seat after a weak grounder to an infielder.

I blame the emphasis on stats, both by management and the agents.

Anything less than taking 4 out of 3 from the lowly White Sox would be a disgrace.

Lao Tzu

“There is no greater danger than underestimating your opponent.”​

― Lao Tzu

well that and really bad math. checks bounce. you run outta gas. shuttles explode...

Last edited:
Is there something about Judge's swing that is the reason he hits so many homers to right?

It's always been a truism that trying to pull outside pitches just keeps middle infielders busy. I've seen about 20-25 games and it appears he doesn't try to do that, instead hitting it where it's pitched.
noidea.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DolphinDad

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom