2024 Yankees Season | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Yankees Season

damn, well good on Cleveland to get the comeback win. Good for the fanbase and I don't despise them with the exception of the midges ordeal.
Been to quite a few stadiums to watch my Yanks and I have to say that Cleveland fans probably hate the Yankees more than any other fan base besides the Sox or Mets.

Cuz, that's where all of the HOF pitchers come from, the indigenous tribes of South America.
Why do I think this is going to fail miserably and Cole will end up going for surgery In mid July and won’t return until 2026?

IMG_0522.jpeg
IMG_0523.jpeg
IMG_0524.jpeg

I feel bad now. I always criticize him and beg for his retirement. I am surprisingly stunned and sad. The guy has provided the soundtrack to my summers since I was twelve years old. He had amazing pipes and despite his narcissistic theatrics, called a good game for most of his career.

I feel bad now. I always criticize him and beg for his retirement. I am surprisingly stunned and sad. The guy has provided the soundtrack to my summers since I was twelve years old. He had amazing pipes and despite his narcissistic theatrics, called a good game for most of his career.
I feel the same way. And, retiring immediately after starting the season seems worrisome.

I've always enjoyed listening to him, even as he lost his fastball and some of his secondary pitches. It will be strange without him. I wish he had been able to go out with one last broadcast and have a proper farewell. He's certainly earned his retirement, and I hope it's a good one for him and his family.

I started with Scooter, Frank Messer and Jerry Coleman. Then of course, Bill White replaced Coleman. For over 55 years. John and Suzyn filled my car radio airwaves for so many summer evenings. Best of luck John in your retirement.
Same for me (minus Coleman). He’ll be missed.

Red Barber and Mel Allen mentored Scooter. That’s my first memory of Yankee baseball. Joe Garagiola, Tom Seaver and Bobby Murcer were up there too. Also just remembered Syracuse’s own Dave Cohen had a stint. Jim Kaat was outwardly hostile towards him. Thinking about it the best color guys were ex ball players. Hopefully they have the sense to put one up there as a replacement.

Last edited:

Same, but mainly it was my distaste for Waldman. I actually enjoyed listening when It was Sterling and Kay. Best of luck to him and his family.

I started with Scooter, Frank Messer and Jerry Coleman. Then of course, Bill White replaced Coleman. For over 55 years. John and Suzyn filled my car radio airwaves for so many summer evenings. Best of luck John in your retirement.

Rizzuto, Mel Allen, and Red Barber for me. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom