2024 Yankees Season | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Yankees Season

I even heard Rizzuto make the call of Maris' 61st on the radio.
Not sure where you grew up, but growing up in Upstate NY, we very rarely got games on TV. It was a big treat when we did.

Those radios were the lifeline to the sports world. And, of course, the paper the next day digesting all the box scores.

Now, the print is too small to make out the box scores. Lol.

i've made this comparison before but listening to the banter between john and suzyn often felt to me like being stuck in the backseat of the family station wagon driving 500 miles thru the badlands of south dakota and listening to my parents bicker over which deli serves the best knishes . sure scooter wandered but meatloaf never would have sampled those two.

i've made this comparison before but listening to the banter between john and suzyn often felt to me like being stuck in the backseat of the family station wagon driving 500 miles thru the badlands of south dakota and listening to my parents bicker over which deli serves the best knishes . sure scooter wandered but meatloaf never would have sampled those two.
Dude, there is no such thing as a bad knish, as long as you put a little spicy brown mustard on it.

I miss Sterling already. I just wish they would have announced ahead of time, to get that "last game" or "one more game", but perhaps circumstances didn't allow such. I know he is planning to join the radio booth for a bit Saturday.

I miss Sterling already. I just wish they would have announced ahead of time, to get that "last game" or "one more game", but perhaps circumstances didn't allow such. I know he is planning to join the radio booth for a bit Saturday.
I too was bummed that I didn't get to hear the last game Sterling announced. I grew up with Scooter, Messer and White on the radio back in the 70's. Sterling and Waldman, love them or hate them, for me they have been great to listen to the past few decades. Baseball on the radio is unmatched.

They've got a couple of guys who have been filling in. Justin Shackil filled in for Sterling last year as well, and Michael Kay mentioned another guy, who I'd never heard of.
Justin Shackil and Emmanuel Berbari.
Berbari is a young "kid" who has done Siena play by play since 2021 in addition to a bunch of other things. Would be a huge promotion replacing John Sterling as "Voice of the Yankees".

the early season house of cards is collapsing.

Can Judge get above .200 tonight? Better win now that contract is going to suck in a few years.
Not to sabermetrically geek out too much, but Judge is at 127 WRC+ which isn’t Judgian but not bad for a “slump”. He’s still walking 20%.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom