2025 Schedule A Killer | Syracusefan.com

2025 Schedule A Killer

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru

I know it is early to discuss...but Fran will have a huge challenge. He could very well have a worse record than '24 but a better team.

Best Road Trips in the long time. Just wish we had one in the Mid Atlantic or NE.

Away
Tennessee in Atlanta
@ SMU
@ Clemson
@ GaTech (2nd time in ATL)
@ Miami

Notre Dame (is it home or away?) I Think away but I'm not sure.

Home
Army at home is probably canceled. Need to schedule a win here.
BC
UNC
Duke
Pitt
Plus 1 more TBD (1AA or MAC?)

Correct.

The 2026 ND-SU game is the one at issue. It appears SU thinks it is the home team and ND thinks they are.
I'm not sure how the ACC-ND scheduling agreement is written, but I remember looking at the ND future games for us, and it was totally unbalanced. We played @ND like 5 times and then home for 2.

I'm not sure how the ACC-ND scheduling agreement is written, but I remember looking at the ND future games for us, and it was totally unbalanced. We played @ND like 5 times and then home for 2.
Since we started in the ACC in 2013 we have played ND five times:

2014: MetLife
2016: MetLife
2018: Yankee Stadium
2020: at ND
2022: at Syracuse

I know it is early to discuss...but Fran will have a huge challenge. He could very well have a worse record than '24 but a better team.

Best Road Trips in the long time. Just wish we had one in the Mid Atlantic or NE.

Away
Tennessee in Atlanta
@ SMU
@ Clemson
@ Miami

Home
BC
UNC
Duke
Pitt
It would really be good to get the schedule changed for Syracuse so BC and Pitt alternate with one home and one away each season. Major fail by the ACC to set things up the way they have. And they did the same thing to BC. Pitt does get BC and Syracuse split up each season.

My suggestion is to move the 2026 SU-BC game scheduled for Boston to Yankee Stadium or MetLife Stadium (preferably MetLife). It would be a true neutral game. Would not count as a home or away game for either team. Could go to Gillette Stadium (or whatever the stadium is that the Patriots play at) if they have an opening and give a better financial deal. If the past means anything, the teams can probably make more money playing the game there than in Boston or Syracuse.

Then pick up the rotation from there. So in 2027, instead of BC playing at Syracuse, Syracuse would play at BC. And in 2028, Syracuse would play BC at home,. etc. This moves the rotation out by a year so now, BC has Pitt and Syracuse staggered each season and we have BC and Pitt staggered.

It only affects BC and Syracuse. We gotta do it a couple years in the future because it affects the number of games each team plays at home in a given season (which will affect the OCC schedule). Switch OOC opponents if need be to give both schools the number of home games they need for a given year.

The headaches will be worth it. BC and Syracuse fans deserve better. Let's fix the gaffe the ACC schedule makers made and make this happen.

First 12 year agreement:

2014: Met Life
2016: Met Life
2020: South Bend (Covid Replacement Game)
2022: Syracuse
2025: South Bend

Second 12 year agreement (pre-ACC expansion):
2026: TBD
2029: Syracuse
2034: South Bend
2037: Syracuse

Now that SMU, Cal, and Stanford are in the mix, who knows how this gets adjusted.

There are supposed to be the same number of games home and away for the ACC schools that play ND.

One other thing to consider is that the existing rotation of ND games against ACC schools must change so that the 3 new schools can be added to the ND=-ACC schedule rotation.

That means less games against ND for some ACC schools than for others in future years. I think I read that the powers that be are most likely to 'steal' games from the ACC schools with the most games remaining against ND.

Pretty sure UL had the most ND games coming. I believe Syracuse was somewhere in the middle. My guess is that ND would love to get out of as many games in Louisville as possible. I would think it is probably the place they would least like to play an away game in the ACC. No offense to the fine city of Louisville. I just don't think there are a ton of alums or ND fans in that area of the country. And UL has a good program too and might just have a chance to beat them.

First 12 year agreement:

2014: Met Life
2016: Met Life
2020: South Bend (Covid Replacement Game)
2022: Syracuse
2025: South Bend

Second 12 year agreement (pre-ACC expansion):
2026: TBD
2029: Syracuse
2034: South Bend
2037: Syracuse

Now that SMU, Cal, and Stanford are in the mix, who knows how this gets adjusted.
The 2014 and 2016 games were part of a 3 game contract Dr Gross signed with MetLife. I believe one of those games were actually supposed to be a home game for Syracuse from a contract signed circa 2000. No idea how the ACC treated those games when considering the SU-ND rotation.

The 2018 game at YS was actually a ND home game that ND opted to move to NYC as part of their Shamrock Series (I think that is what they called it).

And then, as you point out, the 2020 game wasn't scheduled until late and was done to accommodate ND, who joined the ACC for football that year so they could field a full schedule. I would hope that earned Syracuse a chit for a return game at some point. But who knows for sure?

But even if you consider both games at Met Life to be Syracuse home games, which is extremely questionable (I don't think the neutral games should count at all), it was 3 home games for each team.

And then with the second agreement, you would think there would surely be 2 home games for each team. To me, it should be 3 home games for Syracuse and 1 home for ND.

If it ends up 2 home games for each with the agreement extension, I would hope at the least that Syracuse gets one of the games scheduled to be played at ND transferred to one of the newbie ACC teams. Would not be surprised if it ends up being the 2026 game that apparently is a bone of contention right now. I hope that SUAD fights hard to keep the 2026 game at the dome, where it belongs. Fair is fair.

I doubt it happens. ND refuses to be a full member but sometimes gets treated better than full members. That is how things roll in this conference.

Wow that is a brutal schedule. And our starting QB might be a RS Freshman. Hopefully whoever is starting next season gets some reps this year with our easy schedule.

Wow that is a brutal schedule. And our starting QB might be a RS Freshman. Hopefully whoever is starting next season gets some reps this year with our easy schedule.

It’s possible but with the portal, it’s just as likely Fran pulls in a guy with 3 years experience at a FCS school or a 1 year starter from a bigger boy school.

We’ll use that schedule to portal hard. Better we do this year the easier that will be.

12 team playoff with the ACC getting no respect that murderers row is great for getting the last at large should things go somewhat well but we lose the ACC final or something.

Realistically sure it’s probably too much but it’s only 1 year. Just have to hope McCord gets the year Day screwed him out of back.

There are supposed to be the same number of games home and away for the ACC schools that play ND.

One other thing to consider is that the existing rotation of ND games against ACC schools must change so that the 3 new schools can be added to the ND=-ACC schedule rotation.

That means less games against ND for some ACC schools than for others in future years. I think I read that the powers that be are most likely to 'steal' games from the ACC schools with the most games remaining against ND.

Pretty sure UL had the most ND games coming. I believe Syracuse was somewhere in the middle. My guess is that ND would love to get out of as many games in Louisville as possible. I would think it is probably the place they would least like to play an away game in the ACC. No offense to the fine city of Louisville. I just don't think there are a ton of alums or ND fans in that area of the country. And UL has a good program too and might just have a chance to beat them.
But UL is drivable for Chicago based ND fans. Lots of Catholics in Louisville and Cincinnati too.

Away
Tennessee in Atlanta
@ SMU
@ Clemson
@ Miami

Home
BC
UNC
Duke
Pitt

I’m not worried about any ACC team by this year. Especially Clemson and its refusal to use the portal.

No UGA, no Bama, No Ohio St.

Everyone else, got to play someone.

Plus, we’ll be favored in most games coming off our CFP appearance.

In order to really be competitive in 2025 and not go 6-6 we need to continue to build on the momentum that Coach Fran has going now. He has done a great job recruiting for the 2024 season, but we could be losing approximately 14 starters* after this year (19 players total).

Fadil Diggs* Big Skill
Dion Wilson* DT
Braylen Ingraham DL
Marlowe Wax* LB
Justin Barron* Star
Alijah Clark* SS
Duce Chestnut* FS
Clarence Lewis* CB
Tom Callahan LS
Mark Petry* OL
Jakob Bradford* OL
J'Onre Reed* C
Josh Ilioa OL
Michael Johnson Jr QB
Kyle McCord* QB
LeQuint Allen* RB
Maximilian Mang TE
Oronde Gadsden II* TE/WR
Jackson Meeks* WR

Chestnut and Allen will have eligibility remaining after this season, but with good years I can see both moving on to the league. A good year for them is a good year for the team.

Clarence Lewis is a senior and he didn't leave Notre Dame to play back up at Syracuse.

Bradford and Petry got significant run with the first team O in the spring, but that was before Savion Washington (6'8" 330) and Codie Hornsby. Either way. we have better quality depth than we have around here in a minute.

Mang is an enigma. Did anyone else see him playing on the defensive line in the spring game?

If we get off to a good start and play well, I trust Coach Fran and crew will continue to improve the roster from the top down through the portal. I would not bet on a freshman or a redshirt freshman to be the starting QB in 2025 unless the coaches really like what they see. No one is safe and everyone is replaceable. "Entitlement will not live here" Fran Brown.