22 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

If he does, I doubt it's a financial decision. I'd have to believe that he'd earn a full Lax schollie, 1/12.5, at any school, UNC included.

Most choose football because the potential $$ is so much more in football. Its very rare you get a Brandon Mullins situation. In most cases when push comes to shove players will take the scholarship for fball or bball versus Lax.

Most choose football because the potential $$ is so much more in football. Its very rare you get a Brandon Mullins situation. In most cases when push comes to shove players will take the scholarship for fball or bball versus Lax.
Understandable. Pretty amazing that he can just take up football his Jr. year of HS (played soccer up to then) & become a D1 prospect. Speaks to his sheer athleticism. I'd have to wonder though if he'd be interested in playing both in College if the goal was a potential NFL career, considering he's already behind his gridiron peers from a rep/technique standpoint.. He'd either be trying both out to see what he preferred or playing Lax simply for the love of the game. Will certainly be interesting to watch this develop.

There's so many opinions on giving the number but honestly I'd give it to a soph, jr, or sr after they showed off their skills and that they are a game changer and will draw defenses number 1 regularly.
But I don't exactly have a problem giving it to a freshman, but if they don't live up...Evans... Then they are gonna catch crap, and they become a focus.
But it is a great recruiting tool.

If Ricky Miezan asked for 22, you better bet your azz he's worth the risk.
Ricky does look like a sure thing but who would have said Jordan Evans wasn't a sure thing coming out of high school.

I do think the recruiting aspect is nice but that only works once every 4 years, and only for one player. If you give it to an upperclassman you can tell every offensive recruit they will have a chance to compete for it. We want those guys who wanna earn it. Also I wonder if it alienates the upperclassman. I think Kevin Rice is still a little salty he never wore it. I know that may be a stretch, but I wouldn't be happy if someone gave a kid who never played 22 over me, if I'm an all American.

I do think the recruiting aspect is nice but that only works once every 4 years, and only for one player. If you give it to an upperclassman you can tell every offensive recruit they will have a chance to compete for it. We want those guys who wanna earn it. Also I wonder if it alienates the upperclassman. I think Kevin Rice is still a little salty he never wore it. I know that may be a stretch, but I wouldn't be happy if someone gave a kid who never played 22 over me, if I'm an all American.

How many 22s wore it for four years?

How many 22s wore it for four years?
This is a real interesting question. Gait didn't. My best guess:
Evans
Hardy
Mikey Powell
(Not sure about Ryan, I think he played with Casey)
Casey Powell
Charlie Lockwood

I don't believe Gary wore 22 as a freshman.

This is a real interesting question. Gait didn't. My best guess:
Evans
Hardy
Mikey Powell
(Not sure about Ryan, I think he played with Casey)
Casey Powell
Charlie Lockwood

I don't believe Gary wore 22 as a freshman.

I think you are right. Ryan took the number over when Casey graduated as I remember

Our football board was discussing this topic yesterday. Really hard to play two sports; one usually demands you give up the other. We "lost" Patrick Kearney (I believe he played M) to the football team (and eventually the Atlanta Falcons) because Starsia let him try out and George Welsh liked what he saw. They also mentioned that three football players (one was a QB) left the team to play baseball for us after trying to play both.

I played lax and football against Kearney in high school. He was a 6'4 MLB who tucked his jersey underneath his shoulder pads to show off his six pack.

Kearney was a physical specimen we referred to as The Titan. Our LT pulled on our first run play and pancaked him. That play changed our sideline significantly - we joked that it was like Rocky cutting Drago.

He was an AA close defenseman and heavyweight wrestler. I collided with him on the lax field on a fast break. He laid me out but my teammate finished the break with a goal. (My roommate was an AA attackman who scored 3 on The Titan).

Needless to say I was stunned that the 6'4 225 lbs kid I played against grew into a 6'5 285 lbs NFL DE.

charlie lockwood and donovan mcnabb . 2 sports . their game didn't suffer much.

charlie lockwood and donovan mcnabb . 2 sports . their game didn't suffer much.

McNabb was forbidden from playing basketball his Junior and Senior years.

Lockwood played 17 minutes in November and December.

i remember melvin tuten dunking as well. verboten and forbidden. both adjectives. is there a difference ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom