Class of 2022 - 247 summary | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 247 summary

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't seen anything to the effect of this being the fab five. Again I think the negative perspective leaning so much on 247s numbers is foolish too. When is the last class we had 4 top 100 guys which this class very realistically could be?

Also- on a purely objective reference, the player that is the lightning rod topic here was 96th.

This is far more in line with good classes we have had going back to the mid 90s. We had a stretch from 07/08- 2013-14 where we were bringing in elite classes similar to our hay day in the mid eighties. Outside of that our classes have generally been a lot like what this class looks like both now and if guys get better prior to arrival. Which equates to guys who fit the mold of what has generated success here.

I hope you’re right! We are just starting sound like one of those sad mid-level fanbases where every 3-star is the Diamond in the rough that only their staff knew about. We swung and missed on our big fish.

So what will make it all better for some of you complaining about this class? Will it help if a couple of these guys get bumped up a star once they have a full season to be evaluated? Because that is almost certain to happen with at least one, maybe two of these guys. While I was hoping for a stud/top 15-20 guy in this class, it didn't pan out. Its tbd if one of these guys becomes that guy once they arrive on campus. I also like chemistry and I think that this class will have that just based off their interactions on social media and playing aau together. They all seem to be good kids without any "drama" around them, and all into the Cuse name and brand.

In the day in age of the transfer, I believe we will land a stud transfer if needed to round out a class or fill a departure. I like this class overall and see it as a great building block for future classes. Just my .02
Nothing will. If they didn’t complain about something new about Syracuse everyday in here they’d complaining about their wife’s and lives.
“It’s not a top 10 class” *numbers show it is*
“there’s not a stud day one from this class” *havent played a second of HS senior ball yet*.

it goes on. I’m convinced we could have Dior or Kamari with this class, have 2 five star and people would still find a way to complain about it. It’s good to discuss what we think we’re missing, what the players need to do do get better, what we need to do better on the trail, grow etc. objective ness is very important, but not when it’s just for the sake of doing it, of being a devils advocate. I’d love for “Kadary” to just be a muted word in this board if possible because it doesn’t even matter how he’s brought up or why it completely derails and ruins actual good conversation in here which we lose all the time because of the basement dwellers.

So what will make it all better for some of you complaining about this class? Will it help if a couple of these guys get bumped up a star once they have a full season to be evaluated? Because that is almost certain to happen with at least one, maybe two of these guys. While I was hoping for a stud/top 15-20 guy in this class, it didn't pan out. Its tbd if one of these guys becomes that guy once they arrive on campus. I also like chemistry and I think that this class will have that just based off their interactions on social media and playing aau together. They all seem to be good kids without any "drama" around them, and all into the Cuse name and brand.

In the day in age of the transfer, I believe we will land a stud transfer if needed to round out a class or fill a departure. I like this class overall and see it as a great building block for future classes. Just my .02
Stop making sense on here! This place is the wild west and for the doom and groomers :)

I remember when JB recruited Oshae Brissett, who was ranked #137 by 247.

he came in with Bourama Sidibe, #190, Marek Dolezaj, #111 and Howard Washington #289. the Jewel of the class was Matthew Moyer #66.

People howled that we were never going to be successful recruiting guys not in the top 100 recruits in their class. Oshae is making a name for himself in the NBA. Bourama has shown enough to suggest that he would have been a good player for us except of the contestant knee problems. Marek was a very good college player and fan favorite. Washington also had health problems. His talent was limited but he took good care of the ball and would have made an ideal back-up point guard if he'd stayed. Moyer, the highest rated guy, was also the biggest bust.

Remember that we are looking for good college players. If we get a superstar, great, (as long as he's here). JB is also looking for players for his system, which has worked pretty well over the years. he thinks the five guys in next year's class can fill the bill. And, of course, high school is not the only play we get players any more.

There have been a hundred other threads about this. Is that not enough? New season starts soon - plenty to complain about once that comes.

We have already litigated it to death which I include myself in and guilty as charged keeping it rolling.
Well im proud that i haven't repeated myself on this topic:)

he came in with Bourama Sidibe, #190, Marek Dolezaj, #111 and Howard Washington #289. the Jewel of the class was Matthew Moyer #66.

People howled that we were never going to be successful recruiting guys not in the top 100 recruits in their class. Oshae is making a name for himself in the NBA. Bourama has shown enough to suggest that he would have been a good player for us except of the contestant knee problems. Marek was a very good college player and fan favorite. Washington also had health problems. His talent was limited but he took good care of the ball and would have made an ideal back-up point guard if he'd stayed. Moyer, the highest rated guy, was also the biggest bust.

Remember that we are looking for good college players. If we get a superstar, great, (as long as he's here). JB is also looking for players for his system, which has worked pretty well over the years. he thinks the five guys in next year's class can fill the bill. And, of course, high school is not the only play we get players any more.
We have not exactly had a stellar run with that group of players so I am not sure what you are going for here?

The top recruit is in the 70s. Let’s be realistic about what the class is. A good result would be 3 four year contributors. This top ten class talk like we just landed the fab five has gotten out of control.
Right now this is a top ten class. And it’s not unreasonable to think some of these guys will improve their rankings over the course of the season.

That has nothing to do with my point. This is a class of role players. Everyone needs role players but we need studs to compete for ACC titles.
The 2002 class: Edelin, Pace, Warrick, Konecny, Forth. Edelin was the closest to being considered a stud in that group. We swung and missed on Hodge. We got our stud the following year.

This class should lay the foundation for a three or four year run. That’s nothing to scoff at.

Moyer was in the class prior with Battle and Thompson.

Moyer was in the class prior with Battle and Thompson.

Nope

And what does CJ' dunk have to do with it?

We have not exactly had a stellar run with that group of players so I am not sure what you are going for here?

That depends on your definition of a 'stellar run'. We had a couple of Sweet 16s in there. Will this class elevate us beyond that? Who knows? My point was that the ratings don't necessarily project a player's success rate at SU. They are snapshots of players at a particular point in their development. They are all we have to go with now but they are hardly definitive. And the coaches know more about these guys than the people who make those ratings.

Nope

And what does CJ' dunk have to do with it?
Moyer took a redshirt for 2016-2017 due to injury. He came in with Battle and Thompson.

Moyer took a redshirt for 2016-2017 due to injury. He came in with Battle and Thompson.

OK. he became part of the next year's class of freshmen, of which he was easily the highest rated but far from the best. That's my point.

I agree I think after the top group of players the next 200 or so players didn’t get properly evaluated because of what’s been going on due to Covid.
Probably true, but aren't most or all of these players our 2nd or 3rd choice?

Could take that view. After Duke, Kentucky and maybe Gonzaga pretty much the rest of the majors are left with whats left. Not saying it's bad.

For sure, And saying that the class hasn’t really had a chance to be properly evaluate goes both ways, some guys may be overvalued by services and others undervalued. I tend to except that our staff over the years has done an excellent job identifying top tier talent. Getting that top tier talent to commit to Syracuse is another story. And as you go down the ladder of talent the risk I’ve players not panning out becomes greater.

It goes both ways. That was my point.
I’m guessing those who always complain and criticize the recruiting, haven’t been anywhere near as successful in their personal lives as Syracuse basketball is year in and year out! Some of you who incessantly complain, must have miserable lives with no friends………it’s just a game played by 18-22 year olds who give it their all to bring us joy in an otherwise cold and snowy winter in the frozen tundra!

Right now this is a top ten class. And it’s not unreasonable to think some of these guys will improve their rankings over the course of the season.
Not saying some guys might not outperform their rankings but we mostly have a top 10 class right now because we have 5 commits (most schools have only 3-4 commits currently). Class rankings are easily inflated by the depth of a class.

So when are all the posts insulting people going to be removed from the thread?

That the third highest rated player in the class is now cashing paychecks in the association
Good for him. Honestly. I am Canadian so I doubly root for him but I don't watch the NBA much and am more concerned with how they do when they are wearing orange than whether they make it to the big leagues.

That depends on your definition of a 'stellar run'. We had a couple of Sweet 16s in there. Will this class elevate us beyond that? Who knows? My point was that the ratings don't necessarily project a player's success rate at SU. They are snapshots of players at a particular point in their development. They are all we have to go with now but they are hardly definitive. And the coaches know more about these guys than the people who make those ratings.
I dunno. Would be nice to be sniffing the upper echelon of the ACC on occasion rather than watching Selection Sunday and seeing whether we are playing in the play in game or getting in for that matter.

Wrong. He, and pretty much everyone, knew he was head and shoulders better than the guy in front of him. He deserved to be the primary 1 and he did not get that. He is managing his prospects like any sensible person should. It is bad for SU, but he is doing right by himself. One of the bigger mistakes JB has made in my memory and I still cannot understand the rationale.

Imagine a starting backcourt of Kadary and Buddy. Maybe the best in the country. JB screwed up. Big time. Hard to argue otherwise.
He didn’t want yo play the way JB wanted him to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom