25th in AP / 32nd in Coaches | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

25th in AP / 32nd in Coaches

Whoa, I dont want us to lose games...I just dont want them to rank us. Light a fire and let the kids be mad at something and play hungry.

I dunno man -- I just don't think we need to play this underdog role. We're the 5th winningest program in college basketball history. I want to be ranked as high as possible at every moment of every season, and go kick some ass.

Give me the Kansas schedule if you have a good team.
No need for that schedule if you aren’t an elite team but if you are tomato cans do nothing to excite your fanbase or impress anybody.

I get why Syracuse won’t over schedule and it has to do with the Dome and our loyal fans being awesome.
If we weren’t getting NBA crowds for tomato cans playing better opponents would be good. I really don’t care if we are ranked right now I just want to see the team and offense improve.

Whoa, I dont want us to lose games...I just dont want them to rank us. Light a fire and let the kids be mad at something and play hungry.

If you need to be mad at something to play hungry you’re probably not very good.

Our UB game is shaping up to be the first Top 25 matchup between New York State teams in the Dome since what, one of those Felipe Lopez teams?

A little after that, they were 25th when we beat them to keep the 1999-2000 winning streak alive. But according to this, St. John's was no longer ranked when they upset us in the return game that season: Syracuse Basketball 1999-2000 Game Results

Not true ... at all.
[/QUOTE]
I think maybe 20 or so years ago it was probably somewhat true - but now I think he's mostly revered

Which players do you think aren't playing hungry?

The game is all about recruiting. to the victor go the spoils.

Which players do you think aren't playing hungry?

I really think that Antonio Balandi could play with more passion.

Mingia, I am not calling anyone out, no need to overthink it.

I really think that Antonio Balandi could play with more passion.

Mingia, I am not calling anyone out, no need to overthink it.
Then don't make silly statements. These guys are all trying, as are the coaches, and the early season injury issues this team has faced have been real and are well-documented. Let's see what this team looks like in another month when everyone concerned has had a chance to figure things out.

Then don't make silly statements. These guys are all trying, as are the coaches, and the early season injury issues this team has faced have been real and are well-documented. Let's see what this team looks like in another month when everyone concerned has had a chance to figure things out.

Oh good grief. OK man, thanks for telling me how I can post. I will continue to make any comments I like. Because I really think they arent trying...derp

I mean...why have any kind of underlying motivators since they are all trying hard.

Oh good grief. OK man, thanks for telling me how I can post. I will continue to make any comments I like. Because I really think they arent trying...derp

I mean...why have any kind of underlying motivators since they are all trying hard.
So sorry they can't put a finished product out there for you in early December.

So sorry they can't put a finished product out there for you in early December.
Reading comprehension...where did I say I was unsatisfied with what the team is doing? If you would like to keep arguing over dumb stuff feel free to PM me. We dont need to waste everyone else's time.

Reading comprehension...where did I say I was unsatisfied with what the team is doing? If you would like to keep arguing over dumb stuff feel free to PM me. We dont need to waste everyone else's time.
You said they need to have a fire lit under them and they need to play hungry, which suggests you aren't satisfied with their level of effort.

And you've already wasted enough of my time.

I think most other coaches hate Jim Boeheim.
I agree. I don’t look as closely at the AP and Coaches poll rankings as much as I used to. I mostly follow KenPom’s efficiency metrics and the BPI. Those are much better indicators of how a team is performing. And we’re about 18 in KenPom even though we still have a lot to improve upon. So I feel positive about the trajectory of where we’re going. That said, I’m not surprised to see the discrepancy between AP and Coaches polls. Veteran coaches know how great JB is, but I don’t think the younger ones respect him as much. Younger guys like Buzz, who have coached against him in conference, love JB. but I get the sense that some of these up-and-comers don’t have the respect for him that old timers like Huggins or Jay Wright have.

I think the opposite is true. I was a the final 4 in like 2012 or so with my brother and all his friends who were assistants on the west coast at the time. One guy told me that Boeheim is the only guy he knows of who is a major d1 coach that he didn't know anyone that didn't like him. He is a coaches coach in the sense he watches all the games, even ones that don't involve him.

Don't get it.

1st half was some of tthe worst stuff I've ever seen at the dome...

Great comeback and always good to snatch one from the jaws of defeat vs. the dirtydogs, but man, what a steaming stink pile we left on the court at half.

I guess it’s a good thing they play 2 halves of basketball then.

Considering we are sharing it with two other teams, are we ranked 25.3333333333333?

There's a bunch that includes JB that golf together, do fundraising together. That's not a guarantee but I can't count how many times I've heard about JB hanging out with bunches of other coaches.

duke should be behind the zags. head to head still counts right ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom