2nd most important player on Cuse | Syracusefan.com

2nd most important player on Cuse

SUOrangeSU

All Conference
So i was having this debate today and wanted to include you all into this

Now their is a difference between important player and the best player. Usually the best player on a team and the most important is the same player. For example, Lebron is both for Miami but 2nd most important player is truly a debate. Casual fans would say Dwade because he has all the stats - he is the robin, but i think we all can agree (extensive basketball fans) that the 2nd most important player is Chris Bosh on Miami. Why? He creates things that aren't shown in the boxscore ie. gets the defensive big out of the lane so lebron can drive, creates spacing, consistent outside threat.

So I think (key word think) the most important player on cuse is Ennis. He makes the ship run, we don't have another pg on the team and without a pg, no team goes ANYWHERE especially one with no other ball handlers. Now, I was chatting with a general college bball fan who doesn't watch cuse games like we do and he argued that CJ Fair is the 2nd most important player (key word important not best. Please remember this). I argued that its very debatable and i think JG is. Why? He is our only consistent driver to the hole, gets defenses to collapse and get off our only shooter, Cooney which opens up EVERYTHING - driving lanes for Ennis, spot shots for CJ and possible post up for Rak. He kept going on that CJ is 1st team ACC, national finalist for the wooden award and beats JG in a majority of stats. I kept telling him don't look at boxscores and realize what players do that doesn't show up

I wasn't trying to take away anything from what CJ has done for us this year and i think CJ is the best player on this team but most important - I'm putting him third.

What do you think?

Definitely Ennis first, CJ 2nd IMHO. I'm sure if you asked JB, he'd say we would not have won 10 effin games this year without CJ :)

I would go CJ and Grant with a edge over Ennis. We need Grant on both sides of the ball(rebounding) and Fairs offensive leadership as we are more of a offensive team.

Agree without ennis we probably have another 4-5 turnovers a game, but we still would be able to go on runs.
Without Grant and Fair its painfully obvious we wouldn't. Also keep in mind Ennis is just a freshmen though, hes only tried to take over the scoring maybe 3-4 games after the halfway point of the season.

Ennis can break a double and make a play though, that is really huge for this team as only him and Fair can. I am not sure the offense could strive without that. Clearly Gbinije is more ready at guard then Roberson is at forward.

Last edited:
Can't decide between Ennis and Grant. We found out that Grant cannot be replaced this year, hopefully, we don't have to do the same with Ennis, like we worried about preseason. Not really a replacement for Xmas, Trevor, or BMK right now either. Oh yah... G is good off the bench.

Oh yah. CJ is#1 for me. Misread the OP and thought we were picking #2.

Ennis definitely #1. Would hate to think what it would be like without him. CJ #2. No question. They are two of the top 15 players in the Nation.

There isn't a single player from our starting lineup that we could lose and still make a run. None. All are important, I can't even pick a second.

Yes, that includes Rakeem Christmas. In fact, of the five, Cooney is the only one who wouldn't hurt us as bad as the others.

All of our starters are vital. When you don't develop a bench, even more so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom