3-3-5 D and TCUs embarrassing, historically bad loss | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

3-3-5 D and TCUs embarrassing, historically bad loss

TCU lost because they suck.

They never should’ve been in the F4.

The bevo is a MAC level conf, the committee didn’t listen to me. Harbaugh knew, and he got caught looking ahead and then scrambled to overcome his lack of preparation and the momentum was too strong…he failed and fell short.

Bama should’ve been in.

No more mid-majors.

In their two games prior, Georgia had 42 points and 530 yards against Ohio State, 50 points and 530 yards against LSU.

As a result, both of those schools looked to Syracuse for defensive backfield help.

We're fine. We don't have to play Georgia, and we likely never will unless their worst season coincides with our best one.

The bevo is a MAC level conf, the committee didn’t listen to me. Harbaugh knew, and he got caught looking ahead and then scrambled to overcome his lack of preparation and the momentum was too strong…he failed and fell short.

Bama should’ve been in.

No more mid-majors.
So you want to see that same schools battle it out every single year?
I think it was fantastic for college football that TCU made it. The results were bad but Georgia would have spanked any other team like that.
The playoffs should include more teams. I’m so tired of seeing Clemson, Bama, and Georgia win everything.
The smaller teams that make it may get destroyed but they always have a small chance.

I think it was fantastic for college football that TCU made it. The results were bad but Georgia would have spanked any other team like that.
The playoffs should include more teams. I’m so tired of seeing Clemson, Bama, and Georgia win everything.
The smaller teams that make it may get destroyed but they always have a small chance.
I want to see the best. If it’s the same, then the others need to get better.

This is not a charity.

I would’ve pulled TCUs dance card after beating Michigan.

Congrats, nice job, but now the big boys will finish this one out, ok.

I dont mind seeing other teams get in. TCU just laid an egg. No matter what they earned the right to be there and its not their fault that Bama, LSU, Tennessee and USC lost games.

Bama should’ve been in.

No more mid-majors.
Bama didn't earn it.

Bama didn't earn it.
Neither did TCU.

Let them play @tenn and @lsu and see if they do better than losing by a combined 4 points and 1 OT.

Never in a million years, the big 12 sucks.

MAC level conf.

Neither did TCU.

Let them play @tenn and @lsu and see if they do better than losing by a combined 4 points and 1 OT.

Never in a million years, the big 12 sucks.

MAC level conf.
Worthiness is based on actual game performance, not hypothetical.

But let's go with a hypothetical.

Had Bama made the SEC championship, they would have lost that too.

Definitely out.

Worthiness is based on actual game performance, not hypothetical.

But let's go with a hypothetical.

Had Bama made the SEC championship, they would have lost that too.

Definitely out.
Just like TCU factually did in a lesser conf.

Bama should’ve been in.

No more mid-majors.
Had Marvin Harrison not got injured on a questionable hit Georgia wouldn’t have even had a chance to play for the Championship.TCU beat the team that destroyed Ohio State.
Would of been interesting to see a TCU vs OSU matchup.

Just like TCU factually did in a lesser conf.
That was their only loss.

Alabama's two (2) losses is more.

And they lost so many times, that they didn't even earn the right to play in their congerence championship.

The playoff expansion is going to make this muddier, but the way it shouldaoutta work is that the 4 team playoff is made up exclusively of teams that made their conference championship.

Bama should’ve been in.

No more mid-majors.
Dumb. They earned it in a tough conference and proved it by beating Michigan.

I honestly think if they play Georgia 10 times they win one. But a 65-7 point drubbing is the other side of that coin. It happens.

Seriously...LSU was not good (well good relatively to the top teams). They lost to FSU and a miserable A&M team last week.

You can't just put every SEC team in just because.

Bama wins 1 of the games vs Tenn or LSU, they are in. Just win them next year
Aye , I spend many hours feeling bad for Saban and the Tide !!

They did earn it by winning all their games and the comittee voting them in. They also beat the 2nd best team.

I really don't know how TCU beat Michigan.

Alabama destroyed the team that just beat TCU in the Big 12 championship.

Weird playoffs. Usually the semis are duds and the championship is great.

This year, just the opposite.

Then, I guess it doesn't matter what scheme we, or anyone, uses.
Against Georgia? Not really.

I might wonder why TCU couldn't move the ball

Georgia and SU are 15th and 16th in the country in yards per play defense

Against this particular version of Georgia, no.

Against, BC, ours is fine.

Best bet against Georgia is to outscore them, which Ohio State almost did.

Welcome back by the way. Our ceiling ain't what it used to be.
the team that ends up winning the national championship usually has the answers to everything. It's like guaranteed that everything fails if you look at them after the fact.

I read somewhere that TCU runs a 3-3-5 and we do too...
We recently hired the grandfather of the 3-3-5.
TCU just got walloped at a level never before seen.
Obviously their embarrassing beat down has nothing to do with the 3-3-5, but points to personnel and other i$$ue$, but what does this say about the 'shine / luster' of the 3-3-5, if anything?

Does it reduce its shine at all? Or, are we still all in on it being the D of choice for SU?
You answered your own question.

We'll never win a national championship running a 3-3-5.

We'll never win a national championship running a 4-3 either. We can't even get enough beef up front to run a decent 4-3.
We wouldn’t win a championship with 12 guys on the field

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom