3-3-5 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

3-3-5

we have a D that has its issues but we are also causing a lot of issues for the other team.. the lack of size for many of the players playing too soon as well as the newness for any of them to this scheme should lead us to believe there is some upside. We still have the young kids taking the wrong gaps or the easier gap because they dont want to commit to the tough gap to defend.. we have the pieces for lots of this D in place, as they get bigger and learn it will come down to do we have the dline that can make the plays.

the only teams that have given us fits so far are the ones that could run the power stuff up the middle,

We really do need DL who weigh more than 270ish. There's no one on the roster, at this time, who has the size/strength to play NG. Without an actual NG, there's no way to consistently stop the run. Our 3 techs need to be a bit bigger, too.

That being said, the D might have upside going into next year.

I know.. he went from NT to LB, who tries to do that.
He switched to LB in college as a senior too, so he wasn't completely green there as a pro.

We really do need DL who weigh more than 270ish. There's no one on the roster, at this time, who has the size/strength to play NG. Without an actual NG, there's no way to consistently stop the run. Our 3 techs need to be a bit bigger, too.

That being said, the D might have upside going into next year.
yup its feast or Famine. We shot the gap for a loss or we get controlled and huge holes..

I know.. he went from NT to LB, who tries to do that.

It was originally the other way around right? Wasn’t he recruited as an ILB and moved to a 3-4 NT (and who does that?).

I always thought that was a big reason why we had such a LB hole in 1993 when Conley went down. I think they even moved Mitchell back that year when we were trying anything to make the bleeding stop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom