3 Mid majors in the Final Four | Syracusefan.com

3 Mid majors in the Final Four

As much as it sucks to not experience SU in the tourney, this was a pretty good tournament overall, with some great games.

I have really enjoyed watching these 'mid majors' play with chemistry on offense and intensity on defense. Always fun to watch a 'major' go down.

I still cannot believe Marquiz Noel passed that ball away at the end.

If only we could have Creighton's 7 footer.

Going back to the BigEast really helped UCONN basketball.

The Big East is a mid major - but unlike football, the distinction is less important. The transfer portal, NIL, and needing less players to field a team means more parity. This is good and should be embraced.

I've cringed each time this morning hearing commentators on tv sports shows referring to Uconn as a blueblood. That said, one could certainly make the point that they are, unfortunately.

The Big East is a mid major - but unlike football, the distinction is less important. The transfer portal, NIL, and needing less players to field a team means more parity. This is good and should be embraced.
It's not. Unlike football, there is a Power 6 in men's hoops, and the Big East is the 6th.

But good for the Big East for not becoming a mid major like a lot of people here predicted.

*edit* To put a finer point on it, working backwards the BE has placed 5, 6, 4, 4, 6, 7, 5, 6, and 4 teams in the tourney since SU and Pitt left. That's a power conference by any definition.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom