3 on 3 basketball now an Olympic sport | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

3 on 3 basketball now an Olympic sport

Curry Kawhi Davis

I'm surprised nobody has gone with actual teammates, CP3, Blake and DeAndre. Whew, good luck beating them.

you wont have to, theyll beat themselves

I am all for this, but only if it is full court.

Just because there is not a footprint in America is irrelevant. There is a world tour, world championships, and world rankings. The 3 on 3 basketball will not be open to NBA players. You will need to play on some of the tour events.

North America has 3 of the top 20 players in the world -- all from Canada. I was reading in their credentials and they were all teammates at a middle of he road Canadian university .

It just seems that very few quality players have decided to invest their life into this sport. The 3 on 3 will be like many other sports at the Olympics. Athletes devoted to their sport with little financial payoff.

What will be interesting is if some d league caliber players decide it is worthwhile to pursue a medal rather than the minor league grind. It should increase some caliber of play because those 3 Canadians in the world top 20 players are not rhat good at 5 on 5. As an aside players are world ranked and not teams.

Just because there is not a footprint in America is irrelevant. There is a world tour, world championships, and world rankings. The 3 on 3 basketball will not be open to NBA players. You will need to play on some of the tour events.

North America has 3 of the top 20 players in the world -- all from Canada. I was reading in their credentials and they were all teammates at a middle of he road Canadian university .

It just seems that very few quality players have decided to invest their life into this sport. The 3 on 3 will be like many other sports at the Olympics. Athletes devoted to their sport with little financial payoff.

What will be interesting is if some d league caliber players decide it is worthwhile to pursue a medal rather than the minor league grind. It should increase some caliber of play because those 3 Canadians in the world top 20 players are not rhat good at 5 on 5. As an aside players are world ranked and not teams.
Seriously, get a team together of like Jimmer, Rod Benson and Kobe Bryant if he's got anything left in the tank.

Also, was the Canadian school McGill?

Preston Shumpert, Deshaun Williams, & Marshall Henderson vs the field

EDIT: swap Billy Celuck for Henderson, I'll sacrifice entertainment value for size, but only if Billy wears a headband

Preston Shumpert, Deshaun Williams, & Marshall Henderson vs the field

EDIT: swap Billy Celuck for Henderson, I'll sacrifice entertainment value for size, but only if Billy wears a headband

Deshaun Williams and Marshall Henderson may actually kill each other.

North America has 3 of the top 20 players in the world -- all from Canada. I was
Seriously, get a team together of like Jimmer, Rod Benson and Kobe Bryant if he's got anything left in the tank.

Also, was the Canadian school McGill?

reading in their credentials and they were all teammates at a middle of he road Canadian university .

Good take by jncuse, but if the school was McGill, it is far from a middle of the road university. It has to rank at least top 50 in the world.

Last edited:
I'm not wild about this idea, but since it's already been decided...
  1. Do you think they'll put height limits in effect to encourage having one big, one wing, and one point guard type (with a wing point as a backup)? Maybe only one player over 6'9" and one or two additional ones over 6'4"?
  2. Are they going to have rules to keep people from camping out in the key and posting up?
  3. Restrict athletes from competing in this and the regular basketball (I think the kids call it 5 on 5)?

If no NBA players are allowed, the USOC needs experts in analyzing amateur players. I nominate BRNFVRCUSE

MCW, Dion, Melo

Rakeem, Gbinije, Malachi, Ennis, McCullough, Wes, Lydon off the bench

I'm surprised nobody has gone with actual teammates, CP3, Blake and DeAndre. Whew, good luck beating them.

In a 3 on 3 situation using Clipper players I honestly think I would rather have JJ Redick than DeAndre.

air bud, teen wolf and flubber.

The-Absent-Minded-Professor-images-b6645b90-a8e1-4b62-89ff-dbdcd8c342d.jpg

or is flubber a banned substance by the IOC ?

Who knows? Beach volleyball takes a lot of Olympic airtime away from sports like...real volleyball, so perhaps the viewers will love it. My rule for getting pissed off is no more judged sports, so whatever.

2nd most fun thing to do working it in your pajamas.

curling.jpg

i'll take the women's beach volleyball bounce and sweat. .