3 Orangemen in 1st Round of Goodman's First Mock Draft | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

3 Orangemen in 1st Round of Goodman's First Mock Draft

the stats guys say that steal percentage is a terrific indicator for success by point guards at the next level. Ennis' is 4.2; Marshall's were 2.4 as a freshman and 2.0 as a soph.

the Lakers are a great spot for Ennis . . . they want to make themselves appealing to Kevin Love when he hits free agency in 2015, and having a pure point guard who can run the pick & roll as good as Rubio while shooting and defending better seems like a necessity in that goal.

Ennis is not even in the same stratosphere as Rubio in terms of defense. Rubio is one of the best defending PGs in the NBA. Ennis will likely be among the worst with a possibility to be average if he gets stronger and quicker. And the steal percentage thing is iffy when you think about the fact that Ennis plays in a zone. I think most scouts agree that he's going to be a poor defender when he gets into the league, and likely will remain a pretty poor defender.

Yeah I do wonder about the steal% thing with the zone D. I doubt Ennis will be a better defender than Rubio, but Rubio is also one of the worst shooters in the league.

Yeah I do wonder about the steal% thing with the zone D. I doubt Ennis will be a better defender than Rubio, but Rubio is also one of the worst shooters in the league.

I would probably say he's THE worst shooter in the league lol. If he could even get to Rondo's level in terms of scoring, he'd be one of the best PGs in the NBA.

I would probably say he's THE worst shooter in the league lol. If he could even get to Rondo's level in terms of scoring, he'd be one of the best PGs in the NBA.

I think I saw somewhere, maybe ESPN, that basically had him as the worst shooter in the last 30 years or something. He's a terrible terrible shooter. He is consistent though; 35.7%, 36%, and 35.8%

MCW in the zone had good steal % and isn't he top 3 in the league now? And yes I do realize how freakish his wing span is. But it's a wait and see I suppose. Yeah Rubio is basically a pro thief.

MCW in the zone had good steal % and isn't he top 3 in the league now? And yes I do realize how freakish his wing span is. But it's a wait and see I suppose. Yeah Rubio is basically a pro thief.

Yes, but we all knew that MCW was a great defensive prospect. Elite size, athleticism, and on top of that had the great instincts and ability to play angles. Ennis is undersized and a below average athlete. Nobody is expecting him to be a good defender in the NBA, whereas people believed MCW had great defensive potential.

Yes, but we all knew that MCW was a great defensive prospect. Elite size, athleticism, and on top of that had the great instincts and ability to play angles. Ennis is undersized and a below average athlete. Nobody is expecting him to be a good defender in the NBA, whereas people believed MCW had great defensive potential.
Agree, except I think Ennis has great instincts and anticipation.

Agree, except I think Ennis has great instincts and anticipation.

I think he has the instincts too for the most part. I just don't think he has the ability to be more than an average defender due to his lack of size and athleticism. He'll get abused by a lot of the PGs that are now in the NBA.

I think he has the instincts too for the most part. I just don't think he has the ability to be more than an average defender due to his lack of size and athleticism. He'll get abused by a lot of the PGs that are now in the NBA.
Agree

NBA top ten steals leaders at the PG position and their listed height:
Paul 6'
Rubio 6'4
MCW 6'7
Wall 6'4
Curry 6'3
Chalmers 6'2
Jennings 6'1
Lowry 6'0
Lawson 5'11
Walker 6'1

Ennis is listed as 6'2 which doesn't look under-sized for a NBA PG. I can't comment on his vertical, and I doubt he's as fast as Lawson, but size might not be as big of an issue as some are making it seem.

Full_Rebar said:
NBA top ten steals leaders at the PG position and their listed height: Paul 6' Rubio 6'4 MCW 6'7 Wall 6'4 Curry 6'3 Chalmers 6'2 Jennings 6'1 Lowry 6'0 Lawson 5'11 Walker 6'1 Ennis is listed as 6'2 which doesn't look under-sized for a NBA PG. I can't comment on his vertical, and I doubt he's as fast as Lawson, but size might not be as big of an issue as some are making it seem.

I don't think his size is nearly the issue as his speed and athleticism.

Not a spurs fan either, but I have great respect for their coaching staff and organization. If I had a choice where to send CJ, it would be there.
I always find myself thinking SU guys would do well there. Rautins? AO