lose to pitt

does that get us a 3?

or

lose to gtown
beat seton hall/south florida
beat pitt
lose big east semis

3?

I have a tough time believing we will get a three with 7+ losses unless we beat Georgetown and make a good run in the BET. I think this team is destined to be a 4 seed, maybe even a 5 depending on how the season finishes out.

beat gtown
lose to pitt

does that get us a 3?

or

lose to gtown
beat pitt
lose big east semis

3?

Neither. Here is the only way.

Beat Georgetown
Beat SH/USF
Beat Pitt
Beat? in the semis

Then we lock in the 3

Losing in the semi's (assuming we win the next 3) would give us a coin flip chance. Losing to Georgetown and we would need to win the BET to get a 3.

I think 4 too; 5 if we lose our next 2.

I'll say this. Whatever we all think we'll be, we'll be one seed better when brackets are released

I'll say this. Whatever we all think we'll be, we'll be one seed better when brackets are released
I believe we'll be a 1 seed, then. Guess they'd better just hand us the title now.

beat gtown
lose to pitt

does that get us a 3?

or

lose to gtown
beat pitt
lose big east semis

3?

Not enough. Win at least three BET games.

2008-9 team got a 3 seed with a 24-8 record and losing in the BET finals
Actually I guess the benefit this year is that EVERYONE is losing, so seven or eight or even nine losses isn't as horrible as other years.

Really hard to say without seeing what happens in all the other conferences. But beating GTown and making it to Friday would definitely give us a good shot at a #3

we have solid computer #s, i think if we beat gtown and seton hall/usf and lose to pitt we get a 3.

Gtown is key. Beat them 1st is only way to a 3, save a BET finals.

This team needs the road and a big stage.

We could run the table till sat.

Where we would likely lose to Gtown.

Gtown is key. Beat them 1st is only way to a 3, save a BET finals.

This team needs the road and a big stage.

We could run the table till sat.

Where we would likely lose to Gtown.
Agree with this. I was rooting for them to beat Nova tonight, frankly, because a team as good as the Hoyas are not likely to drop multiple games in a row (or so you would think), and coming off a loss, combined with a home game, combined with final Big East game against their biggest rival, combined with senior day? Yeah, I don't think we needed yet another reason for Georgetown to be fired up.

Oh well. Come out strong early and none of those things factor in.

depends on what happens to these teams in their tourneys:
michigan st,ohio state,michigan,florida,new mexico,marquette,arizona,kansas st,louisville,georgetown,miami. as those teams plus gonzaga,duke,indiana and kansas are my likely 1-4 seeds

^^^This. Only shot at a 3 starts with a win Saturday.

i think even if we lost saturday to gtown we could still get a 3,but would require us to win the whole ing thing as lou brown said

bunch of good teams have lost 3 in a row this yr,syracuse,kansas,louisville are just a few.tonight we got some help to lock up a likely top 4 seed with oklahoma state losing

depends on what happens to these teams in their tourneys:
michigan st,ohio state,michigan,florida,new mexico,marquette,arizona,kansas st,louisville,georgetown,miami. as those teams plus gonzaga,duke,indiana and kansas are my likely 1-4 seeds

Okie State losing helped tonight. Root for Nevada to beat New Mexico tonight. Root for ND to beat Marquette Saturday.

i think even if we lost saturday to gtown we could still get a 3,but would require us to win the whole thing as lou brown said
Honestly, if we win the BET I think that a 2 is in play, depending on who we beat to get there. It would still be a longshot, but the committee tends to reward whoever wins the title games in the big conferences with inflated seeds.

we have solid computer #s, i think if we beat gtown and seton hall/usf and lose to pitt we get a 3.

Three big things working against us. 1) OOC is pretty soft. Committee has placed inordinate emphasis on this recently. 2) Trend is not our friend given the recent slide. That said it could be reversed in the BET but I think we need to get to the BET finals plus beat Gtown on Saturday. 3) as of right now we have three rpi top 50 wins. Kinda skimpy imo for a #3 seed.

Three big things working against us. 1) OOC is pretty soft. Committee has placed inordinate emphasis on this recently. 2) Trend is not our friend given the recent slide. That said it could be reversed in the BET but I think we need to get to the BET finals plus beat Gtown on Saturday. 3) as of right now we have three rpi top 50 wins. Kinda skimpy imo for a #3 seed.

If we beat Gtown Sat we would also have road wins at Gtown and Louisville which are huge. Throw in winning 2 in the BET and another shot at Gtown or Louisville in the semis would seal the 3 deal.

Actually I guess the benefit this year is that EVERYONE is losing, so seven or eight or even nine losses isn't as horrible as other years.
this just isn't true, all made up by the media, Jay Bilas was tweeting stats a few weeks ago showing that the top 25 this year has the same or less losses than the top 25 last year at the same time

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom