3 seed | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

3 seed

this is how I see it:

5 seed - lose next two
4 seed - win one more game
3 seed - win 3 more games
2 seed - win 4 more games

i thought the kansas win was in kansas city (called neutral site game though) in cba classic

Correct. But I doubt the committee viewed it as neutral if we were compared directly to another team

I'll give you 3-1 odds that SU is not a 3 seed unless they make the BET finals.
If we beat Georgetown on Saturday, and play on Wednesday and win, and then beat Pittsburgh (or whoever we play on Thursday), and then play Georgetown again really tough on Friday for example, I would bet everything I possibly could on us getting a 3-seed.

By OSU I assume you mean Ohio State. Unfortunately they have played 13 games against teams in the rpi top 40. We're not even in the same area code as that.
yet our SOS is better than theirs and we have ~ the same record

But if you look deeper you see the OOC SOS is drained by 4 sub 260 RPI contests.

But they played Duke, Kansas, and Mic (2), Mic St (2), Indiana (2) and Wisconsin (2). They were dealt a brutal draw in te B10 this year.

It was a harder schedule. That being said Syracuse probably played the 2nd hardest conference schedule, because of our road schedule.

If we beat Georgetown on Saturday, and play on Wednesday and win, and then beat Pittsburgh (or whoever we play on Thursday), and then play Georgetown again really tough on Friday for example, I would bet everything I possibly could on us getting a 3-seed.

The window is open. 3 to 1 odds for as much as you like. We could play it that the bet is only operative if SU beats Gtown and loses in the BET semifinals. Kind of a quirky bet but I feel just as strongly that they need to get to the finals to get a 3. Lot of damage has been done in the last few weeks and it's not that easy to reverse with one week of good play.

How on earth could our SOS be better than their SOS when they play in the toughest conference in the country?

ok I will give you OSU they have been playing a lot better lately

what about MSU? they are on a 3 game losing streak

But if you look deeper you see the OOC SOS is drained by 4 sub 260 RPI contests.

But they played Duke, Kansas, and Mic (2), Mic St (2), Indiana (2) and Wisconsin (2). They were dealt a brutal draw in te B10 this year.

It was a harder schedule. That being said Syracuse probably played the 2nd hardest conference schedule, because of our road schedule.

Yep. Not even remotely close.

ok I will give you OSU they have been playing a lot better lately

what about MSU? they are on a 3 game losing streak

Three close losses to three of the best teams in the country. Another team that has played 13 top 40 games.

How on earth could our SOS be better than their SOS when they play in the toughest conference in the country?

I know. It's a no brainer and perfect example of using your eyes and your smarts. Clearly an example of a fallacy in some of these numbers rankings.

they played a really bad OOC, like I said only 1 OOC top 100 win

I think our SOS got a boost because all our tough Big East games were on the road

Side note: realtimerpi has Mountain West ranked #1 in RPI

Three close losses to three of the best teams in the country. Another team that has played 13 top 40 games.
yet they have less top 100 wins then us

I think our SOS got a boost because all our tough Big East games were on the road

Good league but another fallacy.

They did play KU and Duke OOC. We played SDSU and ARK.

The one antidote to a weak OOC is a monster conference schedule. OSU certainly has that. SU played a tougher BE schedule than anybody else but to equate it to OSU's would mean finding parity between the two conferences. That's a tough argument to make imo.

Good league but another fallacy.
yea just a numbers game they only have 9 teams (7 in the top 100) and big ten has 12 teams (8 in the top 100)

They did play KU and Duke OOC. We played SDSU and ARK.

The one antidote to a weak OOC is a monster conference schedule. OSU certainly has that. SU played a tougher BE schedule than anybody else but to equate it to OSU's would mean finding parity between the two conferences. That's a tough argument to make imo.
you are right, it will be tough to pass them, but not all those big ten teams can win the big ten tourney, just like not all the big east teams can win the BET I stand by my the 'the way I see it' post, but I will pass with betting money with strangers on the internet

if I am wrong I will be sure to give you a like ;)

you are right, it will be tough to pass them, but not all those big ten teams can win the big ten tourney, just like not all the big east teams can win the BET I stand by my the 'the way I see it' post, but I will pass with betting money with strangers on the internet

if I am wrong I will be sure to give you a like ;)

I appreciate that.

I just think the four B10 teams will have done more than SU has unless we win at least four games in a row. Aside from the #s and resumes etc. I have to tell you I wouldn't be comfortable betting on SU against any of those four teams unless somebody gave me at least 10 points.

I appreciate that.

I just think the four B10 teams will have done more than SU has unless we win at least four games in a row. Aside from the #s and resumes etc. I have to tell you I wouldn't be comfortable betting on SU against any of those four teams unless somebody gave me at least 10 points.

I stopped betting all together the other day after New Rochelle hit that shot as I had the under.

I appreciate that.

if I had to pick one to be in our bracket I would pick Michigan

By OSU I assume you mean Ohio State. Unfortunately they have played 13 games against teams in the rpi top 40.
And how many of those have they won?

this is how I see it:

5 seed - lose next two
4 seed - win one more game
3 seed - win 3 more games
2 seed - win 4 more games
I think this is as spot on as it gets. I agree 100% with all 4 scenarios.

Beat Georgetown and win first two at MSG. That puts us in the running for a 3 seed for sure. Without the Gtown win, it will be tough. There is no team in the conference that I feel we would be much of an underdog to at MSG. We can beat Georgetown, we must make someone other than Porter beat us. We have to make 4 to 6 three pointers to be dangerous. We are just punchless when we can't make any from out there and chuck up 20.

I feel we are +/- 3 points with any of the top tier teams in BE at MSG which gives us a shot for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom