33 1/3%... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

33 1/3%...

We lost out on a potential 3rd string center. Why would he want to come here when he is going to start at St. Bona next year? Their tallest player on the roster is 6'6 and his old teammate plays there. Relax
Because he’s scared of competition and we should never lose a recruit to a mid major and GMac stinks

Did I get everything?

Because he’s scared of competition and we should never lose a recruit to a mid major and GMac stinks

Did I get everything?
Some people might not recognize sarcasm w/o the proper font. But then again you could be serious.

BJ would 100% have played and contributed heavily his junior and senior years. The other two yes that is correct.

Why did he leave to sit out a year instead of coming back and contributing the very next year.

That makes zero sense.

There are more Centers still out there available, if we want one.

Souleyman Doumbia 7ft from Mali
Has offers from Texas AM, Baylor, TCU.

Emmanuel Ummofia 7’1-7’2 244 Nigerian has been at Putnam Science (CT) Wisconsin and New Jersey. Has offers from Providence, St Bonnie, Iona, Ole Miss.

Milan Stakic 7’2 238 from Orlando Fl. Had some mid major interest but no offers.

Chris Efretuei 7ft from Buffalo NY. Has some low offers from Fordham, Sam Houston St., Manhattan, St Bonnie. Played for NY Rens AAU.

There are several more just noted down the few I looked up.

You're not thinking logically. Whether WE knew he wouldn't see early playing time at Duke is irrelevant. HE obviously thought he would see early playing time. Perhaps if Golden or Osun thought they would see significant playing time at SU they would have signed with us. Perhaps not. Either way, your point is not proven.

Also, you continue to ignore other factors that may have contributed to their decisions (such as Osun's relationship with the coach who left LaSalle for the Bonnies). You seem to think everybody, including recruits, value the exact same things you do.

Please giive me the name of the coach who was from LaSalle that went to the Bonnies.

Thanks

Why did he leave to sit out a year instead of coming back and contributing the very next year.

That makes zero sense.

Because he weighed 32 pounds, and recognized that in addition to moving to a situation where he'd have an expanded role, that the year of additional physical maturity would be good for him in the long run [and also because he was a December birthday, and hence "young" for his class].

Because he weighed 32 pounds, and recognized that in addition to moving to a situation where he'd have an expanded role, that the year of additional physical maturity would be good for him in the long run [and also because he was a December birthday, and hence "young" for his class].

So he wouldn't have played his junior year here?

So he wouldn't have played his junior year here?

Obviously, we'll never know. I believe that he would have. But I also believe that his long-term career in basketball was better served by taking that redshirt year. Wish he would have taken it here instead of squandering that first year of eligibility in 2014.

Obviously, we'll never know. I believe that he would have. But I also believe that his long-term career in basketball was better served by taking that redshirt year. Wish he would have taken it here instead of squandering that first year of eligibility in 2014.

I don't think he would've played over Mali.

There are more Centers still out there available, if we want one.

Souleyman Doumbia 7ft from Mali
Has offers from Texas AM, Baylor, TCU.

Emmanuel Ummofia 7’1-7’2 244 Nigerian has been at Putnam Science (CT) Wisconsin and New Jersey. Has offers from Providence, St Bonnie, Iona, Ole Miss.

Milan Stakic 7’2 238 from Orlando Fl. Had some mid major interest but no offers.

Chris Efretuei 7ft from Buffalo NY. Has some low offers from Fordham, Sam Houston St., Manhattan, St Bonnie. Played for NY Rens AAU.

There are several more just noted down the few I looked up.

Yeah but we might drop to like 25%

I don't think he would've played over Mali.

Sure, he would have played. But as stated above, we don't know what his role would have been, or how much.

Kid was a shooter, a decent rebounder, and had the right size for the back line of the zone. He would have been in the rotation for sure.

Sure, he would have played. But as stated above, we don't know what his role would have been, or how much.

Kid was a shooter, a decent rebounder, and had the right size for the back line of the zone. He would have been in the rotation for sure.

And we had Lydon, Roberson and Richardson and BJ didn't show much the previous two years.

What would he have gotten, 5 minutes a game? 7?

If he was going to get time he would have stayed.

If he was going to get time he would have stayed.

Just like a recruit may have chosen SU if he was going to get time.

You’re playing both sides with the playing time argument.

Just like a recruit may have chosen SU if he was going to get time.

You’re playing both sides with the playing time argument.

Bj was going to spend at least 3 years here playing as the 7th or 8th guy here at a position we've been known to play a guy 30 plus minutes a game.

The other kid is a 5 who we have at this point been thin at for 6 years and have played somebody out of position for at least a little time every year. Kid would've played more than BJ did his first three years by quite a bit, unless he wasn't that talented like Chinoso.

That makes zero sense.

I don't think we had a scholarship for him. With sanctions limiting us to 10, someone had to go, either an incoming freshman or from the current roster. So the choices were two of; Silent G, Cooney, Coleman, Chino, Chris McCullough, BJ, Buss, Roberson, Frank Howard, Lydon, Malachi, or Kaleb. McCullough left for the draft, but Buss & BJ transferred first.

I don't think we had a scholarship for him. With sanctions limiting us to 10, someone had to go, either an incoming freshman or from the current roster. So the choices were two of; Silent G, Cooney, Coleman, Chino, Chris McCullough, BJ, Buss, Roberson, Frank Howard, Lydon, Malachi, or Kaleb. McCullough left for the draft, but Buss & BJ transferred first.

I believe [IIRC] that we wanted to clear scholarships after that season to both account for the sanctions, but also to have one available for Thomas Bryant. About a week later, Bryant opted to attend Indiana, so we were "down" a scholarship.

In the last few weeks we lost recruiting battles to Butler and St Bon. Yup...everythings fine.

We got big boy'd by Duke and Kentucky when they swooped in at the last minute and swiped Tucker and Quade respetively.

We should have been able to do the same to Butler and St. Bon. That's the issue

In the last few weeks we lost recruiting battles to Butler and St Bon. Yup...everythings fine.

We got big boy'd by Duke and Kentucky when they swooped in at the last minute and swiped Tucker and Quade respetively.

We should have been able to do the same to Butler and St. Bon. That's the issue

Indeed it's quite a system...
If we swing/miss on a a 5 star guy we lost him because the competition was Duke or Kentucky (or some other blue blood progam).
If we swing and miss on a 4 star guy we lost him because he got a bag to play someplace else.
If we swing and miss on a 2-3 star guy we lost him because he wanted to start, and didn't want the bright lights.
If we post that we expect more we are expected to tell the staff how to fix it.
If we post that the staff do a great job 90+% of the time and point it out when we think we could do better we're negative.
If we post something that's not a popular opinion, we get slammed to defend the opinion.
If we defend the stance we get accused of going on and on.

You're getting the hang of how things work MikeDamone.

Indeed it's quite a system...
If we swing/miss on a a 5 star guy we lost him because the competition was Duke or Kentucky (or some other blue blood progam).
If we swing and miss on a 4 star guy we lost him because he got a bag to play someplace else.
If we swing and miss on a 2-3 star guy we lost him because he wanted to start, and didn't want the bright lights.
If we post that we expect more we are expected to tell the staff how to fix it.
If we post that the staff do a great job 90+% of the time and point it out when we think we could do better we're negative.
If we post something that's not a popular opinion, we get slammed to defend the opinion.
If we defend the stance we get accused of going on and on.

You're getting the hang of how things work MikeDamone.

Brissett, Sidibe, Dolezaj, Washington, Bazley*, Hughes, Carey, Boeheim.

You're not thinking logically. Whether WE knew he wouldn't see early playing time at Duke is irrelevant. HE obviously thought he would see early playing time. Perhaps if Golden or Osun thought they would see significant playing time at SU they would have signed with us. Perhaps not. Either way, your point is not proven.

Also, you continue to ignore other factors that may have contributed to their decisions (such as Osun's relationship with the coach who left LaSalle for the Bonnies). You seem to think everybody, including recruits, value the exact same things you do.
Fake news on the coach. Please do some homework and name the coach.

I have never said that we didn't land good recruits. This is strictly about the misses. When we miss there is always an excuse.

Bazely's not Orange, no one [here] wanted Washington during his recruitment, and where the heck was Buddy going?

The others are legit though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom