34% of fans think MJ would beat Lebron 1-on-1 right now | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

34% of fans think MJ would beat Lebron 1-on-1 right now

scottynguyen said:
Skip Bayless@RealSkipBayless
If MJ got in shape he'd beat LeBron 1 on 1 on heart, will, killer instinct, all-time clutchness. LeBron would crumble vs his idol.

[/IMG]

Skip Bayless is a fool. Both players in their prime would be unreal, but 50+ year old MJ against Lebron in his prime is no contest.

But, as there are today, there were still plenty of players who could match his size and strength at the rim. The difference is, in the 90's they'd go up hard and essentially tackle him and probably stick an elbow in his eye if they could. That would be a common foul then and everybody would say it was a good, hard foul and you have to protect the rim. Nowadays, that's a flagrant foul or an ejection; so players just don't risk it. There's also seemingly more of a stigma with getting dunked on now than there used to be (probably because of social media) so players get the hell out of the poster picture.

The 1990 Detroit Pistons gave up 98.3 PPG. 10 teams in the NBA gave up less points this year.
Keep in mind during that season,and being that era, that was good for #1 D in the league for ppg, they were also #1 in fg% defense. In '89, they were #2 in both categories. They had to deal with taking down Magic, Bird and MJ. Granted I understand they all weren't in their primes, but that's a hell of a tough assignment none the less..

I think the secondary superstars Lebron has to deal with today are better than who MJ had to face. The guard talent is ridiculous right now. Nobody ever won 67 games when Jordan was in his peak, Golden State did this year. The Spurs won 60 games last year.

Both of those teams plus this years Clippers are more talented and skilled than any team Jordan faced in his prime. Lebron is going to get the shaft vs Michael cause he might not win as many titles, but the teams he has to face in the finals have been so much better than any team Jordan faced outside of the Suns in 93.

If Golden State wins it all this year, and you have to consider them the favorite, then they will go down as one of the best teams of all time just slightly behind the 96 Bulls.

I think the secondary superstars Lebron has to deal with today are better than who MJ had to face. The guard talent is ridiculous right now. Nobody ever won 67 games when Jordan was in his peak, Golden State did this year. The Spurs won 60 games last year.

Both of those teams plus this years Clippers are more talented and skilled than any team Jordan faced in his prime. Lebron is going to get the shaft vs Michael cause he might not win as many titles, but the teams he has to face in the finals have been so much better than any team Jordan faced outside of the Suns in 93.

If Golden State wins it all this year, and you have to consider them the favorite, then they will go down as one of the best teams of all time just slightly behind the 96 Bulls.

You think the Clippers are better than the late 80's Pistons teams?

disgust_707676_1567263_zpse83496ad.gif

The Pistons would knock Steph out of every game, and Clay Thompson too.

I'd say Jordan by a nose. But the other guy I would put in the convo and who may have been #2 is Elgin Baylor. He was Jordan or James before they were.

Yeah I couldn't disagree more on this one. Yes guard play is great right now, but one of the best defensive guards of all time was assigned to MJ in the east in Dumars aka the Jordan stopper. As for secondary stars just take a look at some all star rosters say 90-91, absolutely sickening. And as for no team winning 67 games, that to me says more of how many good teams across the board there were in MJs time.

The '93 Suns weren't close to the '91 Lakers or either of '97/'98 jazz (which had the same core). But those teams have more than a handful of the best players to ever lace'em up. And I don't know where to begin on the clips, gs, and spurs being more skilled and talented than ANY team MJ faced in his prime??

The Pistons would knock Steph out of every game, and Clay Thompson too.

And in today's game they'd all be ejected and they wouldn't have enough players to finish the game.

Klay Thompson btw.

And in today's game they'd all be ejected and they wouldn't have enough players to finish the game.

Klay Thompson btw.
We could do this all day. Ok put them back in the '80's/90's. They'd be washing the Pistons uniforms and making them dinner

Thank you for backing up one of my other points that Lebron is kind of a head on the basketball court. He blocks a reserve center's dunk and instead of hustling down the court with the team, he stands around and showboats like he just stuffed Dominique Wilkins.

Eric15 said:
But you're a reasonable guy, and you have to be comfortable admitting that there were flaws to Pearl's game, which is why he didn't make it in the NBA. My favorite athlete of all-time is McNabb, just absolutely love the guy, and I have no problem saying that he isn't a Hall of Fame QB. There's just something about Michael Jordan that brings out the weirdness in sports fans of my generation.
Maybe it was the fact that he was mind numbingly great.

docsu said:
BTW the marginalization of Lebron by some in this thread is hilarious.

No it's not. It's repetitive. Same story...year after year after year after year. Not even bothering with the full thread, but if it's like any other year, someone has already chimed in with their licking three current players over LeBron. Let's not ever forget the classic thread where Mobe, Durant and Dirk were all better than LeBron.

Jordan is my hands down favorite player of all time, but you nailed it. Don't come here for NBA knowledge.

44cuse

No it's not. It's repetitive. Same story...year after year after year after year. Not even bothering with the full thread, but if it's like any other year, someone has already chimed in with their licking three current players over LeBron. Let's not ever forget the classic thread where Mobe, Durant and Dirk were all better than LeBron.

Jordan is my hands down favorite player of all time, but you nailed it. Don't come here for NBA knowledge.

44cuse

Oh I need a link to said thread. haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom