3rd best performance under Marrone? | Syracusefan.com

3rd best performance under Marrone?

K

kingottoiii

There certainly were much better Ws, but in terms of all around performance this might have been the 3rd best game played by SU under Marrone. I know that UConn is far from a decent team but when has SU been able to dominate start to finish against even weaker teams? We saw our backup QB get snaps!

The front 7 was great against the run again and were even able to get some token pressure. The OL was just great all day. Smith gets the glory of having 133 yards but that had just as much if not more to do with the blocking by the OL. Loved the way Broyld ran as well. You can really see his talent out there.

Another huge game for Lemon vs UConn. His third of his career. Can we just tell him we play @UConn next week? The TEs have remerged the last two weeks. They had disappeared but have come back to be a factor in the passing game. We have also seen more double tight sets as well as more under center snaps.

I think the best part of this game is the confidence it gives the team. In our Ls there have been many more issues than just TOs. But we have heard from the team and coaches TOs, TOs, TOs. I think that the fact we won easily will give this team a lot of confidence and a belief that it was in fact TOs and they will come out with a lot of confidence vs USF. Had we beaten UConn like we did Pitt, I am not sure the team would have that same belief.

agreed, next saturday though is an enormous game in terms of bowl dreams but really BE title hunt too...especially if temple beats rutty today

There certainly were much better Ws, but in terms of all around performance this might have been the 3rd best game played by SU under Marrone. I know that UConn is far from a decent team but when has SU been able to dominate start to finish against even weaker teams? We saw our backup QB get snaps!

The front 7 was great against the run again and were even able to get some token pressure. The OL was just great all day. Smith gets the glory of having 133 yards but that had just as much if not more to do with the blocking by the OL. Loved the way Broyld ran as well. You can really see his talent out there.

Another huge game for Lemon vs UConn. His third of his career. Can we just tell him we play @UConn next week? The TEs have remerged the last two weeks. They had disappeared but have come back to be a factor in the passing game. We have also seen more double tight sets as well as more under center snaps.

I think the best part of this game is the confidence it gives the team. In our Ls there have been many more issues than just TOs. But we have heard from the team and coaches TOs, TOs, TOs. I think that the fact we won easily will give this team a lot of confidence and a belief that it was in fact TOs and they will come out with a lot of confidence vs USF. Had we beaten UConn like we did Pitt, I am not sure the team would have that same belief.

Pretty good assessment ... I also like the fact that the D was aggressively pursuing strips for the first time in God knows how long ...

I'm interested to hear your #1 and #2, KO. I was telling anyone who would listen last night that in my opinion, this was the most impressive win in the Marrone era.

The WVU win was great, but our defense gave up a couple of big plays and the whole thing just felt like a bit of a fluke.

This game was total dominance from start to finish. Specials looked good. The defense looked great. The offense looked competent.

For the first time in a long time, we took on a Big East opponent as the better team- and played that way.

I'm interested to hear your #1 and #2, KO. I was telling anyone who would listen last night that in my opinion, this was the most impressive win in the Marrone era.

The WVU win was great, but our defense gave up a couple of big plays and the whole thing just felt like a bit of a fluke.

This game was total dominance from start to finish. Specials looked good. The defense looked great. The offense looked competent.

For the first time in a long time, we took on a Big East opponent as the better team- and played that way.

#1 WV last year
#2 RU 2009

Fluke or not the performance was great against WV. And we even got a KR for a TD besides the O and D play. For UConn the score in the first half was a lot closer than the play. The 1st Q was a lot like the NW where we didn't take advantage and had to settle for FGs. Then we allowed an awful O to go 90 yards for a score to make it a game. I think both the WV and UConn games were very similar except WV was good and UConn sucks.

we were listening,but....:p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom