4.37 Speed | Syracusefan.com

4.37 Speed

CuseGrad94

Starter
There was an interesting discussion going on the recruiting board about Jawar Jordan. I have stated before I don’t know recruiting like many here, but watching his tape against the largest schools in Arizona left me in awe. I was so psyched when he seemed to come back out of nowhere this year. An article that was posted said he ran a 4.37 twice. That got me thinking who is the fastest player we have had at Syracuse? I definitely don’t know the answer. To my mind comes Joe Morris, Mike Morris, The Missle, Morrant, Shelby Hill, Walter Reyes, D Rhodes. I was wondering what some of you good people thought?

There were rumors in in the late 90’s that DB David Byrd had broken into the 4.2’s.

I don’t remember if he went into the NFL or not. Sadly, I think the last thing I remember of him was the incident where he was stabbed. I remember being at the Dome and them bringing him out to watch the game in a wheelchair.

The correct answer is WR Maurice Jackson.
Bingo! I’d forgotten him. I think they reported he once ran a 4.19?

He played Arena League ball with some of my former teammates. Perry Patterson as well.

Last edited:
There were rumors in in the late 90’s that DB David Byrd had broken into the 4.2’s.

I don’t remember if he went into the NFL or not. Sadly, I think the last thing I remember of him was the incident where he was stabbed. I remember being at the Dome and them bringing him out to watch the game in a wheelchair.

That’s right, he was crazy fast!

Ismail was up there also but I do remember Byrd and Jackson as speed demons. Didn’t freeney run 4.36 or 4.39 at his nfl combine. That’s hauling for a big dude.

There was an interesting discussion going on the recruiting board about Jawar Jordan. I have stated before I don’t know recruiting like many here, but watching his tape against the largest schools in Arizona left me in awe. I was so psyched when he seemed to come back out of nowhere this year. An article that was posted said he ran a 4.37 twice. That got me thinking who is the fastest player we have had at Syracuse? I definitely don’t know the answer. To my mind comes Joe Morris, Mike Morris, The Missle, Morrant, Shelby Hill, Walter Reyes, D Rhodes. I was wondering what some of you good people thought?
Moe Jackson was the fastest.

You went there.
And let me be the first to jump on the bandwagon.
JORDAN RULES!

Im fine with given the #44 to someone however I would prefer it go to a "prized" recruit with the carrot if you come here you will get the #44. Is that how it was handed out in the past or was it given once a players career had started at the Cuse?

Im fine with given the #44 to someone however I would prefer it go to a "prized" recruit with the carrot if you come here you will get the #44. Is that how it was handed out in the past or was it given once a players career had started at the Cuse?
Maybe someday, but for now it's not even in use.

NFL Combine 2011: 5 Craziest Combine Numbers of All Time

Official 4.40 - that’s still just stupid for a DE. Wow.

What is amazing to me is that he was only a junior at Hamilton H.S. and has already run a 4.37! Amba ran a 4.35 at our Pro Day and he is older and physically much more mature. Jawhar truly is, at the moment, THE NEW FAST at SU beating the 4.43 time of new DB recruit and commit Trill Williams. Like what has been said we are the recipients of better and more talented recruits due to the mind of Dino Babers and his staff especially Dave Boller in Jawhars case.This program is IMO well on its way to becoming a very special one and since HC Babers has arrived the development of it has and is very exciting to watch.

We would be stupid not to try and use Jordan like WVU used Tavon Austin.
Line him up in the backfield and put him in the slot and put him in space.
Jet sweeps etc.
That type of speed is just a weapon.

Mo Jackson - 4.18 I believe. Was the only guy that made plays on offense in the near upset of Michael Vick in the Dome. Was never really utilized great at SU, I didn’t think.

Who the hell is that!!!?! Mr. Gaga!?