(4) Duke at (2) Wisconsin | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

(4) Duke at (2) Wisconsin

Your brother graduated from Wisconsin and is rooting for duke tonight? That might be the worst thing I've ever heard. lol
he started loving Duke when he was 12. Very loyal. And conflicted. he's a complicated man.

I, too, graduated from Wisconsin and I got my masters from North Carolina. I too am a complicated woman.

Duke, is actually underrated.

Two Overrated Teams. Ohio State and Michigan State, and come tournament time again Wichita State.

Another gem from you Hulk. Maybe this year WSU (doubtful) but you must've forgotten how they played Louisville toe-to-toe in the Final 4 and nearly beat Kentucky last year in which they played an A game and it took Kentucky's BEST game of the season to beat them. Yeah, Cleanthony Early last year, VanVleet, Baker, and Cotton are overrated, lol.

I really can't stand Duke. It's not like I love the Badgers, but they haven't made me recoil in disgust for decades like Duke has. Not to mention I'm always rooting for JB to gain ground on K's record, not lose it.

Actually, there was one Badger I enjoyed watching, but he was on Breaking Bad:

badger-breaking-bad-actor-i16.jpg

I hate to say it, but I think I would take Kentucky against the field. Really hope to be wrong.

I won't argue with that. Either platoon would likely be highly ranked on it's own. If UK ends up playing Duke for the title, about all I'd have to root for is the power in the arena going out.

Another gem from you Hulk. Maybe this year WSU (doubtful) but you must've forgotten how they played Louisville toe-to-toe in the Final 4 and nearly beat Kentucky last year in which they played an A game and it took Kentucky's BEST game of the season to beat them. Yeah, Cleanthony Early last year, VanVleet, Baker, and Cotton are overrated, lol.

I think WSU could go far in the tourney this year as the committee won't construct the bracket with the intention of taking the Shockers out like they did last year.

Cap, we might be able to platoon BJ, G, Bus, Chino and... nevermind.

Hey, that platoon might work against Rutgers! Throw in newfound fan favorite Christian White or Doyin Akintobi-Adeyeye(the walk on who worked out with Christmas) and we'll have enough for a full platoon, but maybe not a full metal jacket.

Wow. Duke looked very impressive last night- very balanced team and much better on defense. I've always felt Jefferson was underrated- he looks good at the 4.

Didn't see the post-game, did Coach K blast Chad Ford for having Okafor #1 on his Big Board?

Wow. Duke looked very impressive last night- very balanced team and much better on defense. I've always felt Jefferson was underrated- he looks good at the 4.

Didn't see the post-game, did Coach K blast Chad Ford for having Okafor #1 on his Big Board?

Ha! Agreed on Duke. Jones, Cook, Sulaimon, and Winslow all handle the ball very well as well...sigh.

I really can't stand Duke. It's not like I love the Badgers, but they haven't made me recoil in disgust for decades like Duke has. Not to mention I'm always rooting for JB to gain ground on K's record, not lose it.

Actually, there was one Badger I enjoyed watching, but he was on Breaking Bad:

badger-breaking-bad-actor-i16.jpg

HA! Good one.

Wow Duke is good. Too many weapons. Okafor and Winslow are monsters. Duke and UK are the 2 best teams by far this year. I'm afraid our 2 games against Duke are going to get ugly. Not a good year to have them twice.

Wow Duke is good. Too many weapons. Okafor and Winslow are monsters. Duke and UK are the 2 best teams by far this year. I'm afraid our 2 games against Duke are going to get ugly. Not a good year to have them twice.

We will have them twice every year. They're one of our pairings in the ACC. Pitt is another. Not sure of the others.

I thought soft rims were good, hard rims bad for shooting. Do I have it backwards?

No, that's right. Soft rims are good. When I wrote that, I was actually referring to MADE threes, though admittedly that was totally unclear from what I wrote. So I guess those would be 'in-and-out-and-BACK IN AGAIN' threes.

I've always wondered if teams tweak their rims in some way, based on how much their offense is predicted on threes, or jump shooting generally...i.e. softer rims for a home team that shoots a lot of threes. Or maybe harder rims for a home team that has bad perimeter D :). Similar to how baseball stadium ground crews adjust the playing surface around the field based on the home team's strengths...softer dirt around the plate or heavily watered infield grass to keep ground balls in the infield, or conversely, compacting the dirt or mowing the grass really low to benefit a team that runs a lot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom