4 guys with 39+ minutes, 5 with 35+ | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

4 guys with 39+ minutes, 5 with 35+

they didn't ride 6-7 yesterday, that's my point

You can talk me into spot minutes for Thompson as long as he can prove he is not a turnstile on D. I think Battle and Gillon need to be as close to 40 as possible. Don't want to see much of Frank at a going forward. I love DC. Was rooting for him to have a great year, but he looks shot right now physically.

If we want any chance at having a winning season I don't see how you can sit Lydon, White or Gillon at all. We just have zero margin for error right now.

you guys would take your best pitcher and put them out there every game

we will probably have enough blowouts for guys to get rest but I think the way to maximize our number of wins this year is not to play 5 guys all game long - if that means we play more guys in games we are unlikely to win no matter what, do it

Look, when you have more players and the team is winning I can see your argument. When you have lost to every good team you've played, then you shorten the rotation to the bare minimum, look like a different team and win then its hard to argue.

From what I hear on the hill Frank isn't leaving during the year. I don't think he plays much though.

I just rewatched the entire game and wow Frank never once stood up to cheer. He was my favorite but there is no defense for him. Best of luck wherever he goes. He might even do well like BJ is but it won't be here.

We r gonna roll battle and gillon 38+ every game. Get ready for it.

Look, when you have more players and the team is winning I can see your argument. When you have lost to every good team you've played, then you shorten the rotation to the bare minimum, look like a different team and win then its hard to argue.
we know how this will end. last night was great. park howard at the drum set but we will still need more from thompson and coleman with less than ideal lineups here and there.

From what I hear on the hill Frank isn't leaving during the year. I don't think he plays much though.

I just rewatched the entire game and wow Frank never once stood up to cheer. He was my favorite but there is no defense for him. Best of luck wherever he goes. He might even do well like BJ is but it won't be here.

We r gonna roll battle and gillon 38+ every game. Get ready for it.
when they're gassed and we get smoked, get them out. be realistic, we're not running any tables.

try this easy test. go out to the track and run a mile. don't pace yourself or hold back but give it 100% from the whistle. then check your lap times.

Thompson will continue to start. He picked up two quick fouls and came out of the game. It just so happened that Roberson came in for him and played well right out of the gate so JB rode him. He had a good game which kept Thompson on the bench.

If Thompson starts out hot he'll stay in the game. If Roberson replaces him and craps the bed, like he'll do next game, then he'll get the hook and Thompson will go back in.

These two will be a revolving door and whoever is playing the best will get the minutes; as it should be.

we know how this will end. last night was great. park howard at the drum set but we will still need more from thompson and coleman with less than ideal lineups here and there.

I don't disagree and I hope we can get more minutes out of TT and DC2 moving forward. Its obviously not ideal to have 5 guys play 95% of the minutes. No one is saying that though.

I don't care. When we were playing 9 guys we stunk. Ride 6-7 horses as far as they can go

Yeah, I'm always a strong bench proponent, but it's not about the difference between going 20-10 and 25-5 or something like that.

If we play the old rotation, we're going to lose.
If he goes 6 guys this year and we go 9-9 in ACC and tucker out at the end of year, so be it.

I love it when people watch a game in which one player went out with early foul trouble, one was dealing with physical problems, and one was apparently being disciplined for some undisclosed reason, and then conclude that minutes will be (or should be) distributed similarly in all future games.

Yeah, I'm always a strong bench proponent, but it's not about the difference between going 20-10 and 25-5 or something like that.

If we play the old rotation, we're going to lose.
If he goes 6 guys this year and we go 9-9 in ACC and tucker out at the end of year, so be it.
they didn't really play 6 yesterday. we need to figure out some way to conserve gillon and battle. i think a couple games off is a better way to do it than spreading it around.

basically howard becomes wilson at qb vs clemson

when they're gassed and we get smoked, get them out. be realistic, we're not running any tables.
I think Frank should play 4 mins a half at least. But he wont

I love it when people watch a game in which one player went out with early foul trouble, one was dealing with physical problems, and one was apparently being disciplined for some undisclosed reason, and then conclude that minutes will be (or should be) distributed similarly in all future games.

Don't think it will necessarily be the same. I could see a scenario where the 5th guy changes a bunch (Thompson, Robey, DC). I don't think the rest of the guys come off the court much at all though.

Don't think it will necessarily be the same. I could see a scenario where the 5th guy changes a bunch (Thompson, Robey, DC). I don't think the rest of the guys come off the court much at all though.
When Gillon is ineffective, you will still see a lot of Howard, as no one else is capable of running the point right now against an ACC team. I know that will pain a lot of people around here, but they'll just have to get used to it.

When Gillon is ineffective, you will still see a lot of Howard, as no one else is capable of running the point right now against an ACC team. I know that will pain a lot of people around here, but they'll just have to get used to it.
I think Howard is done. I don't see him playing unless foul trouble.
After the damage he has done to the program I honestly would rather play a walk-on over him.

I dont get how as college kids we played full court 2 hrs a night 5-6 days a week. never got tired and there were no TO or half times just a break between games for the next team to come on. These kids are in better shape, have trainers and nutrition people.

Its practice that will wear them out and thats all in how they practice if the rotation gets cut to 6 guys.

it wont work when we play high energy teams, but how many do we play?

we have 8 games with 4 or more days off.
we have 6 games with 3 days off
we have 2 games with 2 days off

I dont think we beat UL or UNC on the road no matter what unless we just shoot lights out and we only have 2 back to back road games and less bad sat/mon thing trips this year but one is the pitt/UL games and we never win those anyway.

I dont get how as college kids we played full court 2 hrs a night 5-6 days a week. never got tired and there were no TO or half times just a break between games for the next team to come on. These kids are in better shape, have trainers and nutrition people.
just a guess, it's more tiring to play ACC teams than your friends

if you're cool with guys taking plays off and resting on D then by all means play just 5.

Amazing how quickly that "depth" dried up. He didn't give us much, but any news on Chuckwu's status? It would be nice to have another body to throw out there for short stretches.

This is inaccurate. Believe what you want though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom