4 tips if you’re headed to Syracuse-Clemson: Parking, fresh air, how to meet Dwight Freeney | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

4 tips if you’re headed to Syracuse-Clemson: Parking, fresh air, how to meet Dwight Freeney

We called and were told parking lot attendants will be set up at 1 PM. Wonder if you can still get up there before then?

I think you could, the question I think becomes the following. 1. IF you get there before 1 do the attendants come over and ask you to leave (seems unlikely but its SU so anything is possible, and 2. If the attendants are there at 1 and someone shows up at say 1:15, do they let them in or do they try and enforce the 3pm thing?

I think you could, the question I think becomes the following. 1. IF you get there before 1 do the attendants come over and ask you to leave (seems unlikely but its SU so anything is possible, and 2. If the attendants are there at 1 and someone shows up at say 1:15, do they let them in or do they try and enforce the 3pm thing?
Also this was in reference to Skytop btw.

I would be surprised if they kicked us out as I'd be fine paying the $20 like everyone else. I wonder if we can leave our vehicles overnight as well in case I have a few too many drowing my sorrows or celebrating.

I would be surprised if they kicked us out as I'd be fine paying the $20 like everyone else. I wonder if we can leave our vehicles overnight as well in case I have a few too many drowing my sorrows or celebrating.

I think you would be OK if you left your car overnight, at least from an SU perspective.

I know at Manley there have been times they blocked people from Parking before the lots designated opening. There are still classes and kids around to deal with and they have different permits.

I would add a 5th tip. Get to the Dome early. Traffic will be tough. The crowd will be large and the streets don't get any wider.

Tip #6: go into the building at the gate closest to your seat. The concourses aren't going to be much fun.

I don't remember if they still print the recommended gate on the tickets, but that'd be handy.

This s--- is a coin-flip in terms of enforcement.

My thoughts:

If you don't need a car, take ride-hailing or a bus or walk from your hotel.

If you're driving but your car isn't needed for a tailgate, stow it in a private garage.

If you're tailgating in an open university lot, good luck having things go smoothly (and stay out of the west side of the Fineview Lot, that space is spoken for...).

If you're trying to park on neighborhood streets, (a) check alternate-side parking signs - for the 14th after 6:00 p.m., that means you're parking on the west side of north-south streets and the south side of east-west streets; and (b) don't do some knuckleheaded stuff like blocking hydrants, crosswalks, driveways, etc. (it's amazing how many people are running late and just dump their cars in a ridiculous illegal spot). SPD ramped up ticketing last fall, I think they issued 1,200 tickets over the last 4 home games, and they're allegedly watching the situation again this year. Same deal in Thornden Park - parking between green parking signs is cool, parking in the bike lane will get a ticket or tow.

That's probably worth calling and asking. Seems harmless, a good idea really, but can't help to give them a heads up. And then cross your fingers that the person you talk to is in communication with somebody else up there.

This may have been asked before, but are all gates going to be open for the game or are some closed? Gotta figure out an entrance plan if the gate that I usually use is closed.

This may have been asked before, but are all gates going to be open for the game or are some closed? Gotta figure out an entrance plan if the gate that I usually use is closed.
Pete Sala said all of the gates would be open in the presser on Monday

All open

We called and were told parking lot attendants will be set up at 1 PM. Wonder if you can still get up there before then?
I answered this question on page 1

I know at Manley there have been times they blocked people from Parking before the lots designated opening. There are still classes and kids around to deal with and they have different permits.
Not in North Manley. I’ve been there 8:00am for 7:00pm Kickoff. DPS drives by and waves and smiles at us. They think we’re nuts for some reason

Not in North Manley. I’ve been there 8:00am for 7:00pm Kickoff. DPS drives by and waves and smiles at us. They think we’re nuts for some reason
Can’t imagine why

Article says “a chance to meet Freeney”. Does anyone know precisely what he’ll be doing? Signing?
Rumor has it that he’ll be playing on 3rd downs. Shhhhhh!

I think that area is some kind of homeless camp with peeps drinking and cooking all the time. I'd stay away from there.

Outdoor urination, too. Best steer clear.

That's right - you're the inflatable Otto crew. I used to walk by there before every game, no matter how empty the lot was (and sometimes it was totally empty), your group was holding it down.