40 ppg | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

40 ppg

Has be left yet or is there talk of him leaving? That a serious question as i do not follow cfb outside of syracuse
Not being sarcastic here, but if you followed cfb as a whole, you'd gain some perspective on why adding a new H.C. doesn't mean you'll just start scoring 40 ppg. There are plenty of schools with a bad track record of losing seasons, and a losing culture, that were turned around to become competitive teams. None of them happened in 1 year. Most didn't happen in 2 years. Years 3 and 4 are usually (if it's going to work) everything begins to come together. Colorado, Washington State, Colorado State, Stanford when they hired Harbaugh comes to mind. Seriously...go look up those programs records, and notice the trajectory of the w-l record following the hire of a successful coach. 3-4 years every time.

Op, it's going to take a couple more years. I know a number of the gung-ho people who said a new coach who really knew what he was doing would come in have the Orange in a bowl his first year and every subsequent year, but they were wrong. Also, the narrative was the talent was there, just the coached was terrible, now the story is that the talent needs to be built up. I agree with the current analysis, I just can not figure out how DB doesn't have a running back worth anything on his roster.

hard to understand how we move it so well and dont score more..

1) Execution, like not lining up right and having a TD called back.

and

2) Teams have more talent than we do and it shows.

If you watched college football you would know that Nebraska is likely going to fire Mike Riley and many think Scott Frost will get the call.
Another advantage to the Babers hire. Yes, we wish the team was a finished product right now, but with slow steady growth and a finished product by year 5, Dino at age 60, and 5 years living in one spot, may not be so quick to want to up and move should offers come his way.

Another advantage to the Babers hire. Yes, we wish the team was a finished product right now, but with slow steady growth and a finished product by year 5, Dino at age 60, and 5 years living in one spot, may not be so quick to want to up and move should offers come his way.

Look at the records of Clawson, Doeren, Briles and Leach at Wazzu. Took most a few years to get going. Dino is clearly competent and knows what he wants to do. Doug was clearly competent. Greg was not and it showed painfully early. Scott was better than Greg, but he was in way over his head.

Who the heck has Scott Frost beaten? Is Maryland his signature win? lol.

I also know we're getting a bunch of kids that Frost has offered. So there's that to.

I was promised 40 ppg with this offense. Where is it?

I think you should sue.

12141762_1186468544703065_6189374156721234313_n.png

Bottom line is this. Oc stinks and needs to be replaced. Id rather babers call his own plays based on the last year and a half. If he doesn't want to find someone else who will. If inside zone and a qb read off that is your only run game choices them our in trouble.

I think you need a timeout. That's about 5 whiny posts in a row.

Op, it's going to take a couple more years. I know a number of the gung-ho people who said a new coach who really knew what he was doing would come in have the Orange in a bowl his first year and every subsequent year, but they were wrong. Also, the narrative was the talent was there, just the coached was terrible, now the story is that the talent needs to be built up. I agree with the current analysis, I just can not figure out how DB doesn't have a running back worth anything on his roster.
I stand corrected. Mr. Strickland is definitely worth a lot. Also, the talent that the previous staff brought in looks very good now that they are maturing into upper classmen.

Fixed it.
I have friends who got divorced and often one of them feels impelled to denigrate the other and I'm like, " I still like Pat, and your not perfect. In fact you caused a some of the of problems". They don't like that either, so then they I ask them to please stop insulting their ex to me and that has worked.

I have friends who got divorced and often one of them feels impelled to denigrate the other and I'm like, " I still like Pat, and your not perfect. In fact you caused a some of the of problems". They don't like that either, so then they I ask them to please stop insulting their ex to me and that has worked.

Did any of them upgrade like Cuse did from Shafer to Babers? If so, congratulate them for hitting the jackpot and tell them to make it work no matter what.

many steps to 40 pts.. one you have to run the plays that create offense and 2 you have to score.. we left pts on the field the last 3-4 games, but the Clemson game there were 7-10 plays that only teams with elite speed can make.. that DT alone saved 3-5 runs that were going to the 2nd level just because he can fight the block and explode to get the RB from behind. The Dungey throw back play,, the DB may a nice play to get back but on the Bobble Dungey still catches it, but no the Safety runs 30 yds across the field and causes contact. the closing speed of the LSU and Clemson Ds really took some nice plays down.

Did any of them upgrade like Cuse did from Shafer to Babers? If so, congratulate them for hitting the jackpot and tell them to make it work no matter what.
I guess your just not very good when it comes to peoples feelings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom