5th Year transfer/ JUCO point guard? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

5th Year transfer/ JUCO point guard?

Antoine Mason is not leaving one MAAC school to go to another.
If he wants to play close to home on a better team with the ability to score 20+ again, he sure might. But I'd bet he'd want to play somewhere a little more high profile. I would.

Interesting. Many coaches believe the 5th year transfer rule is being abused and JB agrees. It's a topic that is actively being pursued for change and could very well result in a one year sit out change after the transfer. This was written a little less than a year ago but is still a hot topic. I had forgotten that Duke's Rodney Hood was a 5th year transfer.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...push-changes-transfer-rule-college-basketball

Hood was only a Soph. He left Miss State after one year. I don't mind making transfers sit a year- but this is also a case of coaches and the NCAA limiting athlete rights. It's also why I am a proponent of the NCAA giving everyone 5 years of eligibility- it would stop this practice (and the transfer because of a sick 2nd cousin appeal), it would cover the student who would lose a year because they were pressed into a limited role due to injuries, etc., and most importantly it would improve graduation rates.

St John's makes a ton of sense especially if Harrison goes pro.

It actually makes too much sense for him to go to SJU unless he doesn't want to go where his bro went.

St. John's makes sense. Especially with all the NU-SJU connections. And his family went there.

Jasoncuse said:
If he wants to play close to home on a better team with the ability to score 20+ again, he sure might. But I'd bet he'd want to play somewhere a little more high profile. I would.

I'm telling you, he's not doing that. There's other schools in the NYC area in better conferences who want him.

I'd prefer a big that can score within 5 feet of the hoop or someone that can shoot the 3 ball consistantly :noidea: