5th Year transfer/ JUCO point guard? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

5th Year transfer/ JUCO point guard?

Not a point guard, but it'd be neat to take a run at this guy.

140202151642-travis-bader-story-single-image-cut.jpg

Bryce D. Jones(UNLV)- senior transfer who reminds me of Waiters. 6-5 point guard that looks to score. 13.6 ppg 3apg He started his career at USC then transferred to UNLV. He had some blowups on teammates that were not performing and also directed some towards coaches. Don't know the whole story but he seems to have been dismissed by Rice after the season because of his attitude. Just wondering.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/51060/bryce-dejean-jones

BDJ.jpg

GFTakedown said:
Bryce D. Jones(UNLV)- senior transfer who reminds me of Waiters. 6-5 point guard that looks to score. 13.6 ppg 3apg He started his career at USC then transferred to UNLV. He had some blowups on teammates that were not performing and also directed some towards coaches. Don't know the whole story but he seems to have been dismissed by Rice after the season because of his attitude. Just wondering. http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/51060/bryce-dejean-jones
No thanks

Rather see a walk on that bleeds Orange get a scholarship, than having a one year rental that partook in a senior night at some other school.

SUFan44 said:
Sign me up.

Yea, let's take a young team and add a kid who's had blow ups with teammates and coaches, was suspended and then finally told not to return to the team next year. He's not even some star player. Brilliant.

Here are a few names of some seniors who might be of interest.

Sean Armand - 6'5" guard from Iona - Averaged 17.5 PPG, 4.1 Asst., 44% from three and 78% from FT. This year he scored 14 pts against Kansas and scored 20 against Dayton.
Billy Baron - 6' 2" guard from Canisius - Averaged 24.1 PPG, 5.3 asst., 42% from three and 88% from FT. This year he dropped 33 against ND. Last year he dropped 15 against SU.

Maybe JB can talk Bryce Cotton into coming to SU for one year to help him springboard to the NBA.

I'd be on board with Billy Baron.

Pretty sure that UNLV kid cannot transfer a second time and be eligible right away...so no reason to worry about him.

Here are a few names of some seniors who might be of interest.

Sean Armand - 6'5" guard from Iona - Averaged 17.5 PPG, 4.1 Asst., 44% from three and 78% from FT. This year he scored 14 pts against Kansas and scored 20 against Dayton.
Billy Baron - 6' 2" guard from Canisius - Averaged 24.1 PPG, 5.3 asst., 42% from three and 88% from FT. This year he dropped 33 against ND. Last year he dropped 15 against SU.

Maybe JB can talk Bryce Cotton into coming to SU for one year to help him springboard to the NBA.
Doesn't Baron play for his father, former Bonnie legend Jim Baron? That would be quite a feat to pry him from his dad, especially given that Bonnies do not look really fondly upon JB (one in Buffalo came to the games just to root for JB to lose).

Bryce D. Jones(UNLV)- senior transfer who reminds me of Waiters. 6-5 point guard that looks to score. 13.6 ppg 3apg He started his career at USC then transferred to UNLV. He had some blowups on teammates that were not performing and also directed some towards coaches. Don't know the whole story but he seems to have been dismissed by Rice after the season because of his attitude. Just wondering.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/51060/bryce-dejean-jones

View attachment 9722

You stay away from things that are radioactive, you don't invite them into your home.

Doesn't Baron play for his father, former Bonnie legend Jim Baron? That would be quite a feat to pry him from his dad, especially given that Bonnies do not look really fondly upon JB (one in Buffalo came to the games just to root for JB to lose).

Almsot positive Baron is out eligibility..

We had one guy who could dribble drive, Ennis. Its tough when your 2g's are shooters who cant shot...and cant dribble drive, although G shows signs.

Our outside shooting was bigger culprit though, nowhere to drive to when noone on the team can shoot outside of 10 feet.

Right, and these guys played too many minutes I still say. So, we need another ballhandler. I don't care who. Preferably a PG or combo. Watching WSU, UK, Arizona, Florida they all have so many guys (forwards too) who can handle the ball and pass as well. Beautiful offense to watch. I think it's imperative. Such limited driving to score or dish this past season from the guards.

Both Baron and Armand are out of eligibility.

Player must have redshirted during four years with a program - and graduate in those four years - in order to be eligible for the 5th year transfer.

Antoine Mason? He's not really a true point guard. But he can dribble drive. Decent shooter. Was on a brutal team at Niagara, was forced to play selfish because talent was so down following Mihalichs departure. Anthony Mason's son. He could be eligible immediately.

OrangeBlood said:
Antoine Mason? He's not really a true point guard. But he can dribble drive. Decent shooter. Was on a brutal team at Niagara, was forced to play selfish because talent was so down following Mihalichs departure. Anthony Mason's son. He could be eligible immediately.

If Antoine Mason transfers, I'll bet he goes to a school in the NYC area.

Nice one. Kid is definitely a scorer, but does it with his volume of shots. He's a baaaad outside shooter, but really knows how to get to the FT line (11 attempts per game).

I don't know if he's the prototype of what we need, but he could certainly help with some instant O. I think he'd succeed in the ACC as a scoring threat.

If Antoine Mason transfers, I'll bet he goes to a school in the NYC area.
St John's makes a ton of sense especially if Harrison goes pro.

It actually makes too much sense for him to go to SJU unless he doesn't want to go where his bro went.

Jasoncuse said:
St John's makes a ton of sense especially if Harrison goes pro. It actually makes too much sense for him to go to SJU unless he doesn't want to go where his bro went.

Exactly, there's also a few other NYC area schools that are kicking the metaphorical tires on him.

Exactly, there's also a few other NYC area schools that are kicking the metaphorical tires on him.
Iona also makes a ton of sense, replacing Sean Armand, and playing in a very high scoring approach.

Interesting. Many coaches believe the 5th year transfer rule is being abused and JB agrees. It's a topic that is actively being pursued for change and could very well result in a one year sit out change after the transfer. This was written a little less than a year ago but is still a hot topic. I had forgotten that Duke's Rodney Hood was a 5th year transfer.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...push-changes-transfer-rule-college-basketball

did having 1 ball handler hinder our offense?

its not like we had to issues. we couldnt score. that has little to do with the amount of ball handlers.

I would say a dead tired Ennis, due to lack of any backup, contributed to his late season swoon. Meaning it did

Jasoncuse said:
Iona also makes a ton of sense, replacing Sean Armand, and playing in a very high scoring approach.

Antoine Mason is not leaving one MAAC school to go to another.

Interesting. Many coaches believe the 5th year transfer rule is being abused and JB agrees. It's a topic that is actively being pursued for change and could very well result in a one year sit out change after the transfer. This was written a little less than a year ago but is still a hot topic. I had forgotten that Duke's Rodney Hood was a 5th year transfer.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...push-changes-transfer-rule-college-basketball
Hood was a normal transfer. Played a year at Mississippi State and then sat out a year.