6-0 to 6-6… | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

6-0 to 6-6…

Still think BC is a gimme?
BC should be a gimme, the offensive incompetence does not detract from the fact that Boston college is a terrible football team

This AD.

Ill get trashed but not enough people are pointing fingers at Wildhack

Absolutely woeful

I am a big Wildhack fan, off the field he's been excellent and done a great job. That said, the big sports under him have been a disaster. From the never ending JB saga, the women's bball scandal and the utter disappointment the Dino extension has been. Its beem a woeful few years

Wildhack because he posted here gets a total free pass from this board. Basketball and Lacrosse are tanking and football is in a free fall. He signed Dino to the extension we cant seem to get out of unscathed. He also extended Jimmy B. The guy has a lot of explaining to do.
Not an AD. A TV guy. Get a seasoned AD/administrator in here.

Last edited:
Verse’s comments that he chose FSU because Norvell said he would give him his best every single day is important to note. I’m not sure Dino gives his best every single day to these kids and he checks out when things aren’t going his way. I think this is one of the few things that truly separates good and great coaches from everyone else on the recruiting trail and on the football field.

What's he supposed to do? I'm not in the crowd that thinks Wildhack will solve everything, but the decision was made in 2018 to give Dino a contract that will keep him in town. Once that decision was made, Wildhack's hands were pretty much tied. This season has actually been an improvement over the past three.

Yeah, the Dino extension hasn't paid off but how could you argue not to give him one after 2018. He would've bounced after that season and with Sean Lewis already gone you have no realistic in house option to take over.

Another problem has been the misalignment between recruiting upgrades (Lally Complex) and the contract extension with Dino, which I also don't really put on ADJW.

They just beat NC State on the road. Could we do that now? Not a chance.
They also lost to UCONN and VT, you don’t do that by accident. Don’t let the lack of success at Syracuse make a loss to BC any less embarrassing.

Verse’s comments that he chose FSU because Norvell said he would give him his best every single day is important to note. I’m not sure Dino gives his best every single day to these kids and he checks out when things aren’t going his way. I think this is one of the few things that truly separates good and great coaches from everyone else on the recruiting trail and on the football field.
Also weird that he never even mentioned an SU offer in that segment but basically mentioned every other ACC team.

Also weird that he never even mentioned an SU offer in that segment but basically mentioned every other ACC team.
Just mentioned Tennessee was his number 2. I don’t think SU ever had a realistic shot. I think people were blowing smoke that we were in the conversation after FSU got involved.

Dino gets another year no matter what. It was already baked in with the hires of Anae and Beck. So…. Ya

This AD.

Ill get trashed but not enough people are pointing fingers at Wildhack

Absolutely woeful
Not by me you won’t I said it a million times. How does the guy who is responsible for the problem correct the problem without getting canned himself for causing the problem in the first place. Tonight I was never so embarrassed to be a Syracuse University Football Fan. Utterly pitiful performance!!!

Wildhack because he posted here gets a total free pass from this board. Basketball and Lacrosse are tanking and football is in a free fall. He signed Dino to the extension we cant seem to get out of unscathed. He also extended Jimmy B. The guy has a lot of explaining to do.
I am a big Wildhack fan, off the field he's been excellent and done a great job. That said, the big sports under him have been a disaster. From the never ending JB saga, the women's bball scandal and the utter disappointment the Dino extension has been. Its beem a woeful few years
Its not just the big sports. Its everything else or a lot of it too.

What's he supposed to do? I'm not in the crowd that thinks Wildhack will solve everything, but the decision was made in 2018 to give Dino a contract that will keep him in town. Once that decision was made, Wildhack's hands were pretty much tied. This season has actually been an improvement over the past three.
Wildhack went literally all in on su football

Where are we

The rest of su athletics?

2011 is calling. It wants its season back.

Eeery similarities here. At least we’re bowl eligible here. Needs to be the Del Rio Wilson train the rest of the way, Shrader is not healthy yet and shouldn’t have even played yesterday IMO.

I respect Shrader being a gamer but with him basically immobile we look like having DeVito back there again. We need a QB that can move, we don’t have the breadth of WR talent or OL talent to support a traditional dropback offense. And with a lot of his passes he clearly can’t plant his feet correctly and they’re being underthrown or overthrown. I honestly don’t even know why he was out there against FSU.

I respect everyone’s enthusiasm about the fix

The players are cooked. If that’s coaching then I’d expect changes again. If there’s strength and conditioning issues then we need to identify that.

Retain dino UNLESS wildhack is seeing some cracks in his energy to fix this. He’s 60 plus years old. He’s macs age pretty much. The coordinators are doing the best they can w players grinded up. It’s almost sad to watch. It’s not execution at this point it’s broken down personnel.

Never been more sad of the conditioning of the program. Not angry but sad. This feels existential more than anything.

I'd be a lot more upset about sliding toward 6-6 if at 6-0 I wasn't envisioning potential for that based on past disappointments.
Expectations Conditioning Program working.

Anae and Beck are gone when Bronco gets hired again. Also, how many players will enter the portal after we lose out?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom