6-0 was the real culprit | Syracusefan.com

6-0 was the real culprit

Don

2nd String
The fluke plays on the lateral, the fluke interception was a unreal , the poor play of special teams was well much of the same from the past 4-5 seasons. The killer this game was failing to take full advantage of the Northwesterns special team gaffs. That could have set the tone for the whole year be having the special teams turn the game into a 14-0 lead. Imagine the special team coming up with two plays early in the year that led to touchdowns. Instead we get two chip shot fields goals and one crappy special teams blunder on our part and we are losing the game.

Great teams score two touchdowns on those first two drives after your much maligned special teams gives you early breaks. Good teams get at least one touchdown and put the pressure on the other teams.

You see it all the time at every level of the game. teams that don't take the other team by the throat early in the game and grind them into the ground regret having to settle for field goals when touchdowns were needed.

Like I have said many times on here Nassib is way better than people give him credit for and will play on Sundays, I think the defense has tremendous potential, I think this offense is going to be a top sixty offense, I still say we give USC everything they want but make no mistake this was a terrible loss. This loss all stemmed from 6-0 instead of 14-0 and thats all i have to say about that

I understand your point and agree with it except the reason we lost was Jerome Smith - period. Can't give up 6 points for stupidity at this level.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom