6 Disturbing Things About This Team... | Syracusefan.com

6 Disturbing Things About This Team...

realcusefan888

Walk On
1. there is obviously a LACK OF LEADERSHIP at the coaching and player level on gameday. its apparent marrone has zero ability to fire a team up in the locker room before taking the field. where is dougs fire? not asking for brian kelly but last year he constructively got in guys faces, especially on personal fouls...catatonic this year. NASSIB is NOT leader, he runs on the field, runs off the field to sit by himself with the headset on, i dont see him going player to player keeping his offensive unit together. he is robotic and programmed on the field with zero ability to ad lib and he carrys this back to the sideline. MARINOVICH is all hype and a waste out there. I DONT SEE ENOUGH OF COACHES AND/OR PLAYERS IN GUYS FACES. yes, i know, i know...see west virginia? well we jumped that team on primetime..home game and all we did was expose them for what they are...not that great as seen the past few weeks. leadership is needed on the ROAD! I WOULD TRADE THAT WVU EUPHORIA FOR BETTER SHOWINGS AGAINST THE VILLE AND UCONN IN A HEARTBEAT...

2. disturbing that a d-1 program has 3 offensive plays it can count on...the bootleg(circa 1965), the wr end around, and a slant to a slot reciever. we play ZERO DECEPTIVE OFFENSE! the best teams in the country play trick you offense...ok st. boise, arkansas, stanford...it about combo routes. as bad as NASSIB has been, he has a great arm...how about a half roll istead of a sprint to the sideline...a half roll and a throw to the opposite hash is tough to defend! he has the arm for this!

3. BAILEY cant break tackles and lacks vision. we talk about our wideouts and a talent gap? they are ok, its bailey that is very average, doesnt breal tackles and goes down by the shoe string way too much. we need MCFARLANE badly!

4. MARRONE obviously made a huge mistake with coaching specials by committee! its been the field goal team one week, kick coverage the next, short kicks, punting, on and on...the problems on specials are viral...we need a dedicated special teams coach! we were kicking away from what appeared to be a fullback yesterday, we treated him like devin hester! the short kick offs and horrible coverage killed us yesterday giving them a short field aginst our defense.

5. the coaching staff and even SHAFER(still want to keep him forever), have shown very little ability to make in game adjustments. we let a non scholie qb complete big throws and got run over in the second half by a telegraphed option attack without much speed. uconn has a very vanilla defense and we couldnt scheme to sustain a drive until the second half? back to point #1.

6. STRENGTH AND CONDITIONING: NASSIB. when is the coaching and training staff gonna realize that nassib cant make certain throws with a linebacker build? think the fact his arms are bigger than any of the linebackers enhances his touch? i read that he is a gym rat and hits the weights hard... why? he doesnt run...and only knows how to drill the ball, hell he tried to throw a few slants through defenders yesterday! our biggest backer is 219 and he is playin at 230? drop 10-15 ryan and spend the extra time throwing some touch passes.

1. there is obviously a LACK OF LEADERSHIP at the coaching and player level on gameday. its apparent marrone has zero ability to fire a team up in the locker room before taking the field. where is dougs fire? not asking for brian kelly but last year he constructively got in guys faces, especially on personal fouls...catatonic this year. NASSIB is NOT leader, he runs on the field, runs off the field to sit by himself with the headset on, i dont see him going player to player keeping his offensive unit together. he is robotic and programmed on the field with zero ability to ad lib and he carrys this back to the sideline. MARINOVICH is all hype and a waste out there. I DONT SEE ENOUGH OF COACHES AND/OR PLAYERS IN GUYS FACES. yes, i know, i know...see west virginia? well we jumped that team on primetime..home game and all we did was expose them for what they are...not that great as seen the past few weeks. leadership is needed on the ROAD! I WOULD TRADE THAT WVU EUPHORIA FOR BETTER SHOWINGS AGAINST THE VILLE AND UCONN IN A HEARTBEAT...

2. disturbing that a d-1 program has 3 offensive plays it can count on...the bootleg(circa 1965), the wr end around, and a slant to a slot reciever. we play ZERO DECEPTIVE OFFENSE! the best teams in the country play trick you offense...ok st. boise, arkansas, stanford...it about combo routes. as bad as NASSIB has been, he has a great arm...how about a half roll istead of a sprint to the sideline...a half roll and a throw to the opposite hash is tough to defend! he has the arm for this!

3. BAILEY cant break tackles and lacks vision. we talk about our wideouts and a talent gap? they are ok, its bailey that is very average, doesnt breal tackles and goes down by the shoe string way too much. we need MCFARLANE badly!

4. MARRONE obviously made a huge mistake with coaching specials by committee! its been the field goal team one week, kick coverage the next, short kicks, punting, on and on...the problems on specials are viral...we need a dedicated special teams coach! we were kicking away from what appeared to be a fullback yesterday, we treated him like devin hester! the short kick offs and horrible coverage killed us yesterday giving them a short field aginst our defense.

5. the coaching staff and even SHAFER(still want to keep him forever), have shown very little ability to make in game adjustments. we let a non scholie qb complete big throws and got run over in the second half by a telegraphed option attack without much speed. uconn has a very vanilla defense and we couldnt scheme to sustain a drive until the second half? back to point #1.

6. STRENGTH AND CONDITIONING: NASSIB. when is the coaching and training staff gonna realize that nassib cant make certain throws with a linebacker build? think the fact his arms are bigger than any of the linebackers enhances his touch? i read that he is a gym rat and hits the weights hard... why? he doesnt run...and only knows how to drill the ball, hell he tried to throw a few slants through defenders yesterday! our biggest backer is 219 and he is playin at 230? drop 10-15 ryan and spend the extra time throwing some touch passes.
Did i write this post:)

1. there is obviously a LACK OF LEADERSHIP
2. disturbing that a d-1 program has 3 offensive plays it can count on...
3. BAILEY cant break tackles and lacks vision.
4. MARRONE obviously made a huge mistake with coaching specials by committee!
5. the coaching staff and even SHAFER(still want to keep him forever), have shown very little ability to make in game adjustments.
6. STRENGTH AND CONDITIONING: NASSIB. when is the coaching and training staff gonna realize that nassib cant make certain throws with a linebacker build?

Here's my personal list of problems that need addressing:

1. Special teams is a disaster - How can we not have a punter? How can our guys continually give up big returns? Can Kobena catch just one kick with forward momentum?
2. Our defensive backs are seemingly ALWAYS out of position. It's almost criminal how often they're not even close on plays.
3. 'Cuse misses more tackles than I'd care to admit. Sometimes it's like watching a JV High School team out there with their inability to wrap up.
4. Drops, drops, and more drops... for all the grief Nassib gets on this board, he's constantly the victim of horrible drive-ending drops. It's unreal how many basic catches aren't made.

Yes...i left that out but its something i have been noticing for weeks...kobena abduction graham look confused as to who is going to make the catch on returns and they are always going backwards when catching the kick! Its kick return 101...position yourself 10 yards behind where you expect the kick to land and come up and meet the kick with forward momentum...geez

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

the fan base? please explain as the last two were road games and the fans showed up and got into in the wvu game.

plus there was many fans in u conn as well

I find the lack of faith, patience, and perspective distrubing.

I find the lack of faith, patience, and perspective distrubing.
Go, you're doing your "I've fallen in love with the coach and can see no wrong" thing. Something has gone dramatically wrong the last two games. Some folks have reported that there may be internal problems. Hopefully, madrone will get this straightened out. But, don' t pretend that all is well. It's disingenuous.

I thought that Bailey was dancing a bit too much this weekend. He was wasting a lot of movement and a lot of steps. Gotta be more decisive, and he missed a lot of holes.

I agree witth #4. The rest of your list is pure fan frustration and gargbage.

1 disturbing thing about this post... it was created by someone with the name "realcusefan". I think we might have a Rutgers impersonator on our hands.

Pretty funny. Now let us know how big of a fan you are so we know, lol.

Did i write this post:)

No, you've been too busy starting huge unsubstantiated rumors about the demise of the program and the inevitable mutiny on the hill.

Dc you claim to be close to the team. Tell me you havnt heard anything, no problems, all is well?

Go, you're doing your "I've fallen in love with the coach and can see no wrong" thing. Something has gone dramatically wrong the last two games. Some folks have reported that there may be internal problems. Hopefully, madrone will get this straightened out. But, don' t pretend that all is well. It's disingenuous.

UL might be the best team in the BE. UConn it was their SuperBowl. Both games were on the road and we were underdogs.

Dc you claim to be close to the team. Tell me you havnt heard anything, no problems, all is well?

I claim to be close to the team?Never.
What I do know is that whenever a bad spell hits-out comes the talk of division and mutiny and unrest-which if there wasn't some,I would be surprised-but it's always overstated and blown out of proportion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom