60-second shot clock reset APPROVED in men’s lacrosse | Syracusefan.com

60-second shot clock reset APPROVED in men’s lacrosse

The NCAA Men’s Lacrosse Rules Committee proposed resetting the shot clock to 60 seconds when the offensive team retains possession after taking a valid shot and in other specific situations in the offensive half of the field, beginning in the 2021-22 academic year.

All rules recommendations must be approved by the NCAA Playing Rules Oversight Panel, which is scheduled to discuss men’s lacrosse proposals July 21.

The next shot should go down to 30 seconds :)

Seriously this a good change. Rewards defense but also incentives the offense. Men’s lacrosse is figuring it out. Wish they had these rules when Tillman and Maryland tried to ruin the game in 2011

The next shot should go down to 30 seconds :)

Seriously this a good change. Rewards defense but also incentives the offense. Men’s lacrosse is figuring it out. Wish they had these rules when Tillman and Maryland tried to ruin the game in 2011
Agree. One of the biggest frustrations watching games this past season was seeing a team get another full 80 seconds after taking a shot on net with only 5 seconds left in the first possession. I would be happy to see the 60 seconds reduced even further to say 40 seconds.

Agree. One of the biggest frustrations watching games this past season was seeing a team get another full 80 seconds after taking a shot on net with only 5 seconds left in the first possession. I would be happy to see the 60 seconds reduced even further to say 40 seconds.

I didn't mind it when SU got a fresh 80. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom