6OT Game or Duke Game? | Syracusefan.com

6OT Game or Duke Game?

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
So many great games but besides the NCAA Championship...which one is tops?

the level of play for this game was just so much higher. that game was great based on happenstance of overtime after overtime. this game would have been great had it ended in regulation.

This was a better played game, but it does not surpass the 6OT.

This was a great game -- but it falls in with other great NCAA regular season games.

The 6OT game was unique.

Agreed...6OT, hands down. But this was a very well and exciting game, have no doubt. Top 3 or 4 for sure.

So many great games but besides the NCAA Championship...which one is tops?
6 OT, this one just barely over the '81 BE 3 OT Villanova championship (reversed if it resulted in a tourney invite), all second to the NC of course as you mention. If you think about it really it's an embarrassment of riches being an SU hoops fan these days, and may I say I'm a big fan of being a fan of the rich!

6 OT, this one just barely over the '81 BE Villanova championship (reversed if it resulted in a tourney invite), all second to the NC of course. If you think about it really it's an embarrassment of riches being and SU hoops fan these days, and may I say I'm a big fan of being a fan of the rich!

It's good to be the king.

OrangeXtreme said:

As jeke has said in another thread (and I'm ready for it to be a phrase to say along with warm damn otto) damn it feels good to be a gangster.

it-s-good-to-be-the-king-o.gif

Like I said in another thread... Nothing yet has topped the 6OT!!! Even this game! Stop living in the moment!

the crowd was astounding and the fans seemed to keep to their seats down the stretch but i never really felt the outcome was in doubt. especially with parker and jefferson out. duke needed a miracle. didn't happen.

6OT. I wasn't at this game, but in my memory it would be tough to top the JT2 ejection game at the dome. Bottom line, this game was a great one.

I don't know, but I will say this -

Coach K after this game seemed disappointed to lose, but genuinely pleased to have participated in a great game.

Calhoun was full of piss and vinegar after the 6OT loss.

The level of play in this game was far better than the six overtime win over UConn. There was an epic quality to that game in the Garden but half of those overtime periods were very sluggish. A lot of players on both teams fouled out and I think we had Paul Harris playing center at the end.

The six overtime game was one for the ages but looking at just the level of play, I have to go with Saturday's game. The intensity on the court was something else. It had the biggest buildup of any game every played at Syracuse and this one lived up to every sports fan's wildest expectations. We set a new attendance record, established a new mark for wins to start the season and this victory makes SU the number one team in the country.

Go Cuse!

Last edited:
I don't know, should have never taken 6 OT's to put away a mid-major on one of our many home courts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom