7 pm Tuesday... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

7 pm Tuesday...

If UNC loses four teams will be 11-7. Who will be 3,4,5 and 6?

If it is UNC, I think that if we somehow won that game we most definitely would be in and wouldn't need to win three. I'm not convinced that beating WF and NC State puts us in. That NC State win would still only be a quad 2 with NC State's RPI of 56.

If it is UNC, I think that if we somehow won that game we most definitely would be in and wouldn't need to win three. I'm not convinced that beating WF and NC State puts us in. That NC State win would still only be a quad 2 with NC State's RPI of 56.
We, as the team on the outside of the bubble, get a Quad 2 win if we beat NCSU.

NCSU, on the other hand, will get a Quad 1 win if they beat us.

Anyone see the flaw in the system?

We, as the team on the outside of the bubble, get a Quad 2 win if we beat NCSU.

NCSU, on the other hand, will get a Quad 1 win if they beat us.

Anyone see the flaw in the system?
Serious question. Our RPI is currently 39! Has any team not made the tournament with an RPI as high as that? There are only 5 other teams in the ACC that have a better RPI.

Serious question. Our RPI is currently 39! Has any team not made the tournament with an RPI as high as that? There are only 5 other teams in the ACC that have a better RPI.

There have been many.

Getting back to the ACC Tourney -- playing UNC on Wed scares the bejesus out of me -- I have never rooted so hard for the Tar Heels as I am doing at this moment.

Looks like the 12 seed was the easier path.

Oh well, we now know we have to beat Wake and UNC to get into the tourney. Pretty straight forward scenario.

Beating NCSU was not going to get us in, so we would have had to win 3 games in 3 days with no bench. Unlikely. At least with UNC being the 2nd game if we win we should get in. Beat Wake first and then try to steal 1 win.

Beating NCSU was not going to get us in, so we would have had to win 3 games in 3 days with no bench. Unlikely. At least with UNC being the 2nd game if we win we should get in. Beat Wake first and then try to steal 1 win.
Agree. Because if UNC won and we had beaten NC State, which IMO would not guarantee anything, our next opponent would have been Duke. (Announcers said they would be the three seed if they lost.)If I am wrong , this argument is invalid)I think we match up worse with Duke. If winning any two games would guarantee us in , sure , would rather play NC State. If you think we need either three wins or one marquee win, I’d rather take my chances on UNC day two than Duke day 3. In no way am I saying this will be easy, but when you think of it that way, it may actually be our best shot at making the tournament the way things turned out.

Sucks that we got UNC. But good news is that if we could somehow make it past them we have a shot at beating Miami.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom