76ers steal Orlando blind | Syracusefan.com

76ers steal Orlando blind

Madbiker

2019-20 Iggy Co-Winner Reg Season Rcd
When the Sixers drafted Elfrid Payton at #10 they turned around and sent him to Orlando for the Magic's pick -- Saric #12 PLUS their #1 pick next year. So Orlando essentially gave up 2 #1's for Payton. No wonder Orlando sucks. Can anyone explain that deal? BTW, somebody in the Sixers front office should talk to MCW because the kid obviously feels unloved and unappreciated there. That interview of MCW before they announced the trade was brutal, I felt bad for him.

Not next year's pick. Philadelphia gets Orlando's 2017 first-round pick, 1-11 protected

When the Sixers drafted Elfrid Payton at #10 they turned around and sent him to Orlando for the Magic's pick -- Saric #12 PLUS their #1 pick next year. So Orlando essentially gave up 2 #1's for Payton. No wonder Orlando sucks. Can anyone explain that deal? BTW, somebody in the Sixers front office should talk to MCW because the kid obviously feels unloved and unappreciated there. That interview of MCW before they announced the trade was brutal, I felt bad for him.

MCW needs to stop reading the Philadelphia newspapers and listening to talk radio. It will do wonders for his psyche.

The Magic perpetually every draft unless they have the #1 pick and there is a 7'+ center that is a complete no brainer sitting there.

Magic should have picked Marcus Smart at 4 and Adrien Payne at 12. That looks a little better than Gordon at 4 and Payton at 10 while trading away next years draft to essentially move up two spots for a risky player that played at a lower level D1 team.

Plus, since trading down is so easy in the NBA, with some other team picking for them, they could still have gotten Gordon and another asset by trading down. Don't think anybody but Orlando was considering him at #4.

The Magic gave back a protected 1st rounder in 2017 that the Magic had acquired in the Igoudala/Dwight/Bynum deal. It's likely the pick never would have been realized and it would have turned into 2 2nd rounders.

It was a good move by Hinkie to basically extort Hennigan but the most likely case is the Magic gave up 3 2nd rounders to acquire Payton.

MCW needs to stop reading the Philadelphia newspapers and listening to talk radio. It will do wonders for his psyche.

He should call McNabb and ask him how he survived in a town that hated him since day one. Seriously.

BTW, somebody in the Sixers front office should talk to MCW because the kid obviously feels unloved and unappreciated there. That interview of MCW before they announced the trade was brutal, I felt bad for him.
He should call McNabb and ask him how he survived in a town that hated him since day one. Seriously.

I wouldn't judge the situation based on a 20 second interview on a busy and confusing draft night. MCW is well liked here and he knows it. Talk radio and print media were pretty much unanimous in wanting him to remain. Of course I realize they could and would turn nasty on him in a nanosecond for no reason. Personally, I love the way he has handled being a pro in the past year and I'm very happy he's (still) here. I'll never understand the treatment McNabb got and continues to get in Philadelphia by fans and media alike. It has soured me on the Eagles to the point where I actively root against them.

I wouldn't judge the situation based on a 20 second interview on a busy and confusing draft night. MCW is well liked here and he knows it. Talk radio and print media were pretty much unanimous in wanting him to remain. Of course I realize they could and would turn nasty on him in a nanosecond for no reason. Personally, I love the way he has handled being a pro in the past year and I'm very happy he's (still) here. I'll never understand the treatment McNabb got and continues to get in Philadelphia by fans and media alike. It has soured me on the Eagles to the point where I actively root against them.

I hope Philly never makes another Superbowl. Eagles fans deserve it.

I hope Philly never makes another Superbowl. Eagles fans deserve it.
Ironically, our experiences when we HAVE made Super Bowls has been worse than when we didn't so you might want to reconsider that point.

Ironically, our experiences when we HAVE made Super Bowls has been worse than when we didn't so you might want to reconsider that point.

You have a point. :)