8-3 in ACC | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

8-3 in ACC

Would be the best win that Washington has and people seem to think they are good. Hmmm, I wonder why?

Cuse!

Let’s try to deal in facts here, two3, not mindless snark based on your perceptions of teams. Clemson has had the most difficult conference schedule up to this point, which is partly what accounted for their early ACC struggles. They’re now playing well and ahead of us in both Kenpom and BPI (30 and 32) and right behind a supposedly top 10 Marquette team (per the laughable AP poll). Also 10 spots higher than first place PAC 12 team Washington in both. But yea, feel free to continue on with your empty snark. That’s a good win for us.
[/QUOTE]

You guys have to crap on Washington to make a point? I didn't bring them up or ANYTHING about them in the tournament on whether they're deserving or not, why are you? What does Washington have to do with us claiming a it a great win against Clemson?

Who cares about the PAC 12, who cares about Washington, who cares about anything else when we're sitting here discussing Syracuse vs Clemson, you guys do because of some dumb agenda. Sounds like you guys are a tad worried, have to trash something that has no relevance to the discussion. I keep my Hop and Washington comments in Washington threads but if you want to play that game then I can play one too, before their last game Washington was ranked and rated higher than we were which was adjusted for schedules and that's with Syracuse beating Duke. Their defense is rated higher than ours, but ignore those things because it doesn't fit your agenda.

Maybe worry about your team and the direction it's going before trying to take shots at me and another team for no reason.

Didn't the mighty Clemson lose to garbage Creighton? What about garbage Nebraska? The 9th place SEC team? Get out of here, they're crap and probably looking outside the tournament instead of being in. Those are facts.

TBH I am very surprised we were able to sweep Pitt and BC this year. I expected to lose once along the way.
Hey, they're just ACC bottom feeders, in part because we swept them. We might have been better off losing a game or two to them because then they would have had stronger records and those losses wouldn't have looked so bad. :rolleyes:

You bring up a 100% valid point (their 13-1 non-conference record). That said and acknowledged, I don't see NCSU at 6-12 ACC getting in the NCAA Tourney. I could be wrong, but their non-conference slate was borderline pathetic. Most teams they beat are about 10 games under .500. Solid win over Auburn. Tough/close loss to Wisconsin. Otherwise, it was mush. I've been wrong before ...

Conference records are only a thing in so far as they contribute to your overall record.

And even then , overall record is only a thing in so far as there is a general trend towards teams with better records being better teams .. but we all know the truth of a team’s quality lies in the muck of the details ..who did you beat ? Where did you beat them ? How were they playing when you beat them? Etc

Best way to remove the complexity of the valuation is to just win all your games

You guys have to crap on Washington to make a point? I didn't bring them up or ANYTHING about them in the tournament on whether they're deserving or not, why are you? What does Washington have to do with us claiming a it a great win against Clemson?

Who cares about the PAC 12, who cares about Washington, who cares about anything else when we're sitting here discussing Syracuse vs Clemson, you guys do because of some dumb agenda. Sounds like you guys are a tad worried, have to trash something that has no relevance to the discussion. I keep my Hop and Washington comments in Washington threads but if you want to play that game then I can play one too, before their last game Washington was ranked and rated higher than we were which was adjusted for schedules and that's with Syracuse beating Duke. Their defense is rated higher than ours, but ignore those things because it doesn't fit your agenda.

Maybe worry about your team and the direction it's going before trying to take shots at me and another team for no reason.

Didn't the mighty Clemson lose to garbage Creighton? What about garbage Nebraska? The 9th place SEC team? Get out of here, they're crap and probably looking outside the tournament instead of being in. Those are facts.
They are playing well and the better they play the better our win over them looks.

You would think we were 3-8 in ACC to this point with the general negativity around here. I get we had bad losses to ODU, GA Tech, and UCONN but this team has taken their lumps and keeps ticking. Finish strong starting Wednesday at State.

Amazing huh? A handful post mostly negative stuff even after a win.

The team is 8-3 but only 2 wins (admittedly a huge 1) is against a team within 5 GAMES right now of .500 in conference. . I think some skepticism of how good the team is warranted..

6 wins are against BC[2] ( 2-9); Pitt [2] (2-9); Miami (2-9); ND (3-8)

a 9-9 Record with that 9th win against Wake should not make anyone feel great on Selection Sunday.. Hopefully 10-8 or 11-7 with at least 1 win vs. Lville, UVA, UNC, or second againt Duke) would be an all- clear..

Wednesday will tell us a lot. Second easiest game left on schedule. That said I think they ball pressure us out of the building and outwork us on the glass.

Wednesday will tell us a lot. Second easiest game left on schedule. That said I think they ball pressure us out of the building and outwork us on the glass.
So you think were going to lose?

Amazing huh? A handful post mostly negative stuff even after a win.
It’s sad. Some people can’t even find joy in a win because we didn’t score enough or play fast enough. I completely understand some of the critical comments but this forum is unreadable after a loss and borderline unreadable after a non Duke win. Enjoy the wins.

Boston College got 38% of the total rebounds of their missed shots. Fifteen out of forty. If that happens against a better team there is no way we can give them that many second chances and win unless we shoot about 50% from three.

Posting anything positive weakens their positions on Frank, PC, JB, 2-3 zone, no game plan, etc. etc.

Don’t forget Brissett up to a few games ago, Carey, BB before the ACC games, the assts, Sidibe. I think the only ones not to get trashed have been Tyus and Braswell.

FWIW, according to KenPom the WF game is the only one left we’ll be favored to win. We only have a 37% chance to beat NCSt.

FWIW, according to KenPom the WF game is the only one left we’ll be favored to win. We only have a 37% chance to beat NCSt.
giphy.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom