8-3 in ACC | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

8-3 in ACC

For the past few years I tell people "SU can beat anybody (Duke) and lose to anybody (need I recount! ) Both home and away. Predictions are useless.

8-3 ACC. a win over duke and unranked in the polls tells you we've been bottom feeding. we need a couple top tier wins.

Yeah I highly doubt that any team with a conference record like that would get an at-large bid. In fact, I'm having trouble coming up with a team that got an at-large bid with a conference record worse than two games under .500.

There has been some 7-11 and 6-10 teams. Not sure about 6 games below .500 though

Any idea who any of those teams were? I'm curious.

I was doing the research before this query.

I stand corrected - there was only one that I can find, not more. There has been some that have been on the bubble in recent years, and I must have thought some got in.

That one team -- it was 1998 Florida St, who was 6-10 in the ACC. Too many years ago, to be relevant.

Anyway, I don't think NC St is that team to bring in at 7-11. Not enough OOC, and the ACC is not dominant enough this year.

I was doing the research before this query.

I stand corrected - there was only one that I can find, not more. There has been some that have been on the bubble in recent years, and I must have thought some got in.

That one team -- it was 1998 Florida St, who was 6-10 in the ACC. Too many years ago, to be relevant.

Anyway, I don't think NC St is that team to bring in at 7-11. Not enough OOC, and the ACC is not dominant enough this year.

Thanks. Good call MikeDamone. Looking at their schedule that year, I'm shocked they got in with that record. They didn't even win a game in the ACC tournament, and went 3-7 in their last 10 regular season games.

FWIW, according to KenPom the WF game is the only one left we’ll be favored to win. We only have a 37% chance to beat NCSt.
Didnt he give us like a 71 pct chance of beating fsu?

Our season end comes down to this.

If we have 5 games with a 30-49% chance of winning, do you predict us to win 0 games (because we are favoured in none) or 2 games. Most probability models would say we win 2.

Ohio state is in the KenPom top 35. That’s higher than NC State. Also, the Clemson win is looking better and better. They’re also a top 35 KenPom team. I don’t know how you can say teams like this aren’t “good.” No, they’re not elite top 10 teams but they’re certainly good. Ranked higher than every single team in the Pac12.

was talking about the ACC wins, hence the other seven

NC State has lost 3 of their last 4, 7 of their last 10.

They haven't won 2 games in a row since January 3rd.

They have some talent but this is a program that is struggling.

a perfect candidate for a 12-20 night from 3 against SU

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom