8 fouls on marquette huh? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

8 fouls on marquette huh?

Mcw also got bumped late in 2nd half and scored, should have been an and 1, obvious foul

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

The game was called the way the game was called. The better question is, why didn't SU adjust to what Marq was trying to do, and the way the game was being called?
How? We were already getting called for everything inside.

I agree. I asked my wife at least three times why JB wasn't giving our kids baseball bats.

LOL...we just need to man up and hustle. They got the loose balls, second chance points/offensive rebounds. We stood around. We shot mostly jumpers. That's how you get the free throw discrepancy. Our whole gameplan was messed up on both sides. JB was not good today.

Reactions: 007
That was my point is that they are not very good. I mean they really are not. Buzz got the perfect storm tonight and Gardner (who scored 2 points against Villanova BTW) just had his way. I would have liked to see DC in there to at least try to put a body on him.

I know man it sucks. I kept thinking about DC too. JB was owned tonight. Not his best game. We deserved to lose to which is absolutely maddening since they aren't good. Who are potential 12 seeds dude? I'm serious too.

Grant was disappointing tonight I thought. We really could have used him on the defensive boards tonight and he gave up a few rebounds, Plus his foul on the three point shooter was just stupid.

Lots of mental errors tonight.

Agree completely with the "mental errors" part, that seems to be a consistent Hallmark over the years.

As for rebounding, I can cut Grant some slack b/c he is a Freshman and seems to have an undefined/confusing role. At the end of the day, you need to rely on guard play and Sr. leadership to win BE road wars like this. Maybe that says it all?

Grant was disappointing tonight I thought. We really could have used him on the defensive boards tonight and he gave up a few rebounds, Plus his foul on the three point shooter was just stupid.

Lots of mental errors tonight.

Grant has been MIA for several games now. Great potential but he's lost right now. Really needs to get stronger and work on all facets of his game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree completely with the "mental errors" part, that seems to be a consistent Hallmark over the years.

As for rebounding, I can cut Grant some slack b/c he is a Freshman and seems to have an undefined/confusing role. At the end of the day, you need to rely on guard play and Sr. leadership to win BE road wars like this. Maybe that says it all?

The problem is our seniors this year dont have that leadership quality like we had in the past. Scoop, Kris, Andy, AO.

That was my point is that they are not very good. I mean they really are not. Buzz got the perfect storm tonight and Gardner (who scored 2 points against Villanova BTW) just had his way. I would have liked to see DC in there to at least try to put a body on him.

We're simply soft in the middle. We needed more from Coleman this year.

The problem is our seniors this year dont have that leadership quality like we had in the past. Scoop, Kris, Andy, AO.

That's a very good point.

LOL...we just need to man up and hustle. They got the loose balls, second chance points/offensive rebounds. We stood around. We shot mostly jumpers. That's how you get the free throw discrepancy. Our whole gameplan was messed up on both sides. JB was not good today.

I respectfully disagree. This was more than our kids not hustling. The non calls on obvious crap were ridiculous. MCW driving. flagrant foul, he scores, no call. The one where Gardiner shoved Triche out of the way and he went down, on the fast break right in front of the ref was laughable. We did not play great but this was a screw job.

The game was a pick-em. Of course Marquette is not a stereotypical power, but they are dangerous. They have 11 wins in what some people still consider the best conference in North America. Winning would have been very very hard, but we did ourselves no favors with our idiotic play.

This is possibly the most frustrated I've been with this team in a couple of years. Just horrible horrible coaching and player execution across the board. But Marquette is still a capable team.

We're simply soft in the middle. We needed more from Coleman this year.

I would have at least thrown him in there tonight to at least try to slow down Gardner.

How? We were already getting called for everything inside.

How? Here is a thought...box out, deny ball entry, double down, fight for position before the ball gets there. I just don't buy the belief that the refs are the reasons we lost.

And if the players believe that, then we are really f*cked going forward.

The game was a pick-em. Of course Marquette is not a stereotypical power, but they are dangerous. They have 11 wins in what some people still consider the best conference in North America. Winning would have been very very hard, but we did ourselves no favors with our idiotic play.

This is possibly the most frustrated I've been with this team in a couple of years. Just horrible horrible coaching and player execution across the board. But Marquette is still a capable team.

Hey listen I hear you and I too am very frustrated right now. I just know from watching this team (Marquette I mean) a lot this year they need to get to the FT line to win. The way they shot FT's tonight shows you why. Buzz made an adjustment by putting in both big men at the same time and it worked. 24 more points from the line than we had. Thats a staggering number. That just shows you how inept they are offensively.

I respectfully disagree. This was more than our kids not hustling. The non calls on obvious crap were ridiculous. MCW driving. flagrant foul, he scores, no call. The one where Gardiner shoved Triche out of the way and he went down, on the fast break right in front of the ref was laughable. We did not play great but this was a screw job.

We can agree to disagree. Bilas who has been adamant in his stand against "thug ball" was relatively quiet today and barely complained. Screw job? Hardly. All we do is shoot jumpers, lol.

I would have at least thrown him in there tonight to at least try to slow down Gardner.

He was ineffective before the injury, and absolutely LOST on the defensive end, yet you would have thrown him into his first game back against a top 3 team in the league on the road? With Keita playing well? Not the answer.

How? Here is a thought...box out, deny ball entry, double down, fight for position before the ball gets there. I just don't buy the belief that the refs are the reasons we lost.

And if the players believe that, then we are really f*cked going forward.
Never said the refs were the reason we lost, but we weren't getting any leeway underneath. When we tried to fight for position: foul. When we went for blocks: foul. When we got run over in the lane: foul. Our only way to win that battle was to score more points. We only lost by three, even though it seemed like more (and we led much of the game).

He was ineffective before the injury, and absolutely LOST on the defensive end, yet you would have thrown him into his first game back against a top 3 team in the league on the road? With Keita playing well? Not the answer.

I am not saying play him 15 minutes but I would have at least given him a run of 2-3 minutes to see if he could have eaten up some space and grabbed some rebounds. Gardner needed a guy who could bang with him and as great as Keita played he couldnt stop him on the glass.

Never said the refs were the reason we lost, but we weren't getting any leeway underneath. When we tried to fight for position: foul. When we went for blocks: foul. When we got run over in the lane: foul. Our only way to win that battle was to score more points. We only lost by three, even though it seemed like more (and we led much of the game).

Sorry, I guess I misunderstood your point. So...no matter what we tried to do on D, the refs called a foul.

Sorry, I guess I misunderstood your point. So...no matter what we tried to do on D, the refs called a foul.
It seemed that way to me in the paint.

We can agree to disagree. Bilas who has been adamant in his stand against "thug ball" was relatively quiet today and barely complained. Screw job? Hardly. All we do is shoot jumpers, lol.

No calls on Gardiner. End of discussion. Laughable.

No calls on Gardiner. End of discussion. Laughable.

I'll give ya the charge no call vs Keita but we don't go inside so there is nothing to draw on him, lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom