8 games into the 2010 season... | Syracusefan.com

8 games into the 2010 season...

Scooch

Living Legend
...we were 6-2 and needing 1 win to get bowl eligible, since we had 2 wins against FCS teams. Marrone's record at that point was a solid 10-10, coming after the hideous 10-37 of the GRob era.

Since then we are 9-14.

Ugly.

Somehow we had enough talent to eek out a 10-10 start crawling from the wreckage of the Robinson regime. Yet as more Marrone-recruited talent plays the worse our record gets.

Weird, right?

I'm too tired and too disgusted to vent my frustration anymore. I've said my peace many times over.....and just feel like I'm repeating myself now.

Do I want Doug gone? Not really.

Do I think Doug can get the job done? Not really.

It's all about the D... GROB had good talent on D and it and Schafer were able to cover our offense's ineptitude. That talent left and we are only this year getting back to that level but the offense has gotten worse because Nassib has gotten worse and ST had implded so the d has not been able to cover for ineptitude everywhere else.

What would Marrone's record be without Schafer is the real question.

If we had Marrone coaching P's talent and P coaching grobbycakes, I think year 4 of the new regime we would be witnessing would run the BMW table.

Look at Stanford, Jim Harbaugh came in 2007 after Walt Harris had won 1 game in 2006. He won 4 games in 07, 5 games in 08, and 8 wins in 09. Now Andrew Luck resulted in the 12 wins in 2010 and 11 wins in 2011, but the transition to David Shaw from Jim Harbaugh has Stanford continuing their good run. Doug Marrone seems like the David Shaw type coach. Let him take over after the program has been established and Stanford knows Shaw won't leave his alma mater unless its for the NFL.

...we were 6-2 and needing 1 win to get bowl eligible, since we had 2 wins against FCS teams. Marrone's record at that point was a solid 10-10, coming after the hideous 10-37 of the GRob era.

Since then we are 9-14.

Ugly.

Somehow we had enough talent to eek out a 10-10 start crawling from the wreckage of the Robinson regime. Yet as more Marrone-recruited talent plays the worse our record gets.

Weird, right?

You must have missed it the corner has been turned.

Since then we are 9-14.

Ugly.

Weird, right?
The one thing Robinson could do is recruit. Who are the offensive players getting the most playing time this season? Nassib, Pugh, Sales, and Lemon. I missing anyone?

The one thing Robinson could do is recruit. Who are the offensive players getting the most playing time this season? Nassib, Pugh, Sales, and Lemon. I missing anyone?
because DOUG never holds them responsible for their mistakes

instead he sits Kobena, Broyld, Flemming and keeps Rene as punt returner

I agree to a certain degree. Add a couple more to the list that graduated and then equalize that with the 20 or so kids that were either let go or kicked off the team when Marrone came along.

because DOUG never holds them responsible for their mistakes

instead he sits Kobena, Broyld, Flemming and keeps Rene as punt returner

Where the hell is Flemming. Kid is finally healthy 6'4 WR and we dont play him.

The guy who caught the TD pass is the guy who, lost playing time because Lemon got healthy. Marrone is going to play his guys, even if the situation calls for someone else to be in. Sales ,West,lemon are the same guy, if we only have 3 receivers in the game one of them should sit for someone with speed. Put Gulley or Clark outside on every play, force defenses to backoff.

I'm too tired and too disgusted to vent my frustration anymore. I've said my peace many times over.....and just feel like I'm repeating myself now.

Do I want Doug gone? Not really.

Do I think Doug can get the job done? Not really.
add in Nassib to your post and that's how I feel.

i believe that marrone and hackett are good offensive guys.

i also think marrone is dumb. but whatever, everyone's dumb in this barbaric brain damaged game. that's not a deal breaker unfortunately

if nassib had more eligibility, i would say to fire marrone. but i think he's going to save his job by accident because if you can put together an offense that ever makes nassib look passable, you're working miracles without even knowing it

That's cause you want Broyld at QB. It's not gonna happen man.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

That's cause you want Broyld at QB. It's not gonna happen man.

let me quote myself for some time now, "if he's (Marrone) got a death wish he doesn't play Broyld and keeps with Nassib". It's become apparent that he's determined to make me look like Nostradamus.

let me quote myself for some time now, "if he's (Marrone) got a death wish he doesn't play Broyld and keeps with Nassib". It's become apparent that he's determined to make me look like Nostradamus.

You're killing me man. Of he had a death wish he'd put Brolyd at QB. He's not even on the depth chart at QB. If he came into QB it would be a gimmick right now.

Where the hell is Flemming. Kid is finally healthy 6'4 WR and we dont play him.

He isn't fully healthy. I don't see how he could come back 100% this year after that injury.

If he came into QB it would be a gimmick right now.

Like Joe Fields opening the 2004 season at QB

The first 4 games in 2010: Akron, Washington, Maine and Colgate 3-1

First 4 in 2012: Northwestern, USC, Stoney Brook and Minnesota 1-3

The guy who caught the TD pass is the guy who, lost playing time because Lemon got healthy. Marrone is going to play his guys, even if the situation calls for someone else to be in. Sales ,West,lemon are the same guy, if we only have 3 receivers in the game one of them should sit for someone with speed. Put Gulley or Clark outside on every play, force defenses to backoff.
Gulley plays RB, not WR, he doesn't have good hands and he isn't even very fast. Perhaps you meant Kobena?

Right now it's hard to swallow that we couldn't win at least one of NW, Minny and Rutgers. Very hard to swallow.

Since then we are 9-14.

Ugly.

Weird, right?

Good lord how many times can we post the same f%&$&$ statistic .. honestly? But since you ask the question of how ... here you go:

2009 SOS 40th ... record 4-8
2010 SOS 85th ... record 7-5
2011 SOS 48th ... record 5-7
2012 SOS 44th ... record 2-4 (as of today)

Do you see a correlation yet or do I need to start putting stuff up there in bold? Good lord this board can be a gigantic broken record at times.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom