-8 (vegas line) | Syracusefan.com

-8 (vegas line)

CaptainJ

Disembodied?
I should be taking a nap, but just seeing the title of the prediction thread made me wonder what the spread was on this game. When I saw it was only minus 8, I wanted to ask you folks if you thought that was worthy of putting action on for an untested team?

For those who study the opponents well, how good is SC? Are they worthy of a line that is relatively small for SU so early in the year? Is this some sort of fake tournament that's kind of not a home game?

I'm craving action of some sort, and in such an oppressive society, this is about all I can do at this moment(albeit still illegally).

I'll take advice from anyone, though I seem to recall 690 West as being quite knowledable on such matters. Is 8 points too much for this opponent? Vegas knows many favor the favorite and likely make the spreac accordingly? I havent seen any of the lines thise season before this. Help? Thanks

I should be taking a nap, but just seeing the title of the prediction thread made me wonder what the spread was on this game. When I saw it was only minus 8, I wanted to ask you folks if you thought that was worthy of putting action on for an untested team?

For those who study the opponents well, how good is SC? Are they worthy of a line that is relatively small for SU so early in the year? Is this some sort of fake tournament that's kind of not a home game?

I'm craving action of some sort, and in such an oppressive society, this is about all I can do at this moment(albeit still illegally).

I'll take advice from anyone, though I seem to recall 690 West as being quite knowledable on such matters. Is 8 points too much for this opponent? Vegas knows many favor the favorite and likely make the spreac accordingly? I havent seen any of the lines thise season before this. Help? Thanks
Sagarin has it at 8/9. Haven't seen pomeroy's spread

Yikes, so far (if I understand this correctly) some formulas are telling me The Cuse will not cover? Congrats Terron on getting it a full point under where my book is it!

I took 'Cuse -4 for the 1st half

That actually sounds more logical than the full game spread, which they would have less reason to cover at the end of the game. I dont believe my book offers that though. Best wishes though, that sounds strong to me.

I'm Boeheiming myself due to being on empty, but should be back hopefully 10 minutes before tip. I would appreciate any info I can get, and whether I should Boeheim this bet! LGO!!

I find they don't

I don't find they do this much in college basketball from my observation. The lines tend to open near a metric that is always close to the KP line. Many people think they always try to get to 50/50, but this doesn't seem to be the case in college basketball.

I find they don't

I don't find they do this much in college basketball from my observation. The lines tend to open near a metric that is always close to the KP line. Many people think they always try to get to 50/50, but this doesn't seem to be the case in college basketball.

Thats odds, why?

After napping an hour and coming back looking for advice(only the last post was new), I find the line moved a full point!! :( Folks must be betting the Cuse heavy!?!? Like thei guy on office space i screamed "This is a...****!!!!!"

Now Im still screaming that line as I wait for ESPN3 to show me some sign of the game...as it is kind of fun to say!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom