89 SU VS GTOWN DOME | Syracusefan.com

89 SU VS GTOWN DOME

Good find. The sequence starting at 1:17:25 with 3 fast breaks including a lob do Owens with a foul to take the lead was the loudest I've ever heard the dome.

I was there - it was ridonkulous!!!
That's probably the best 3-play segment in SU history, just smothering D converted immediately into fast break dunks.

And all ending w/ Sherm throwing down a reverse dunk to seal the win in OT - it really doesn't get any better than that.

Good find. The sequence starting at 1:17:25 with 3 fast breaks including a lob do Owens with a foul to take the lead was the loudest I've ever heard the dome.
I've always thought that until the Villanova and duke games

I can believe it. Incredibly exciting sequence to take the lead. You just can't get anything better than that stretch.

I was there - it was ridonkulous!!!
That's probably the best 3-play segment in SU history, just smothering D converted immediately into fast break dunks.

And all ending w/ Sherm throwing down a reverse dunk to seal the win in OT - it really doesn't get any better than that.

You remember seeing the sign:

"Thanks for the Bronze, John. Where was the General?"

Don't mean to hijack the thread but the two loudest moments I've ever experienced in the dome:

1. Sherms reverse dunk in this game
2. Conley's interception vs Miami

It was so loud both moments I could literally feel the percussion from the noise in my head. It felt like I was enveloped in the most beautiful blanket of sound you could possibly imagine. :cool:

Look at the emotion from the fans & players.
Those G-town games were so big.
A huge part of what made being Syracuse and the Big East so great.

Hate to say it...but those were the good old days.

"Stolen by Coleman, here's Owens, Douglas, Owens!"

I've said it numerous times before--this is the best basketball game I've ever attended live.

The Dome went from pin drop quiet to the loudest I've ever heard when we made that second half comeback. It was significant not only because it was Sherman Douglas's final home game, but also because it was against our hated rival, who had something like a 6 game win streak against us.

Amazing. I've probably watched video of that game 100 times over the years.

I can believe it. Incredibly exciting sequence to take the lead. You just can't get anything better than that stretch.

Unbelievably exciting. What a comeback.

Nothing will equal the excitement of those games and that era. So hard to explain for those who weren't there, but just watching the videos hopefully you can get just a bit of the feel of it all...

Nothing will equal the excitement of those games and that era. So hard to explain for those who weren't there, but just watching the videos hopefully you can get just a bit of the feel of it all...

But the fans didn't wear orange. How can it possibly be an exciting game if the fans don't wear orange?

(Joking, of course)

that team was so loaded - good lord, just look at that five out on the court!

Well... four out of five, anyway.

But agree with your main point. BOTH of these teams were loaded with high major NBA talent. And some of them were juniors / seniors. You'll never see that again in college ball.

BC game was the loudest moment in Dome history. Not even close

That game was incredible. I worked for Super Sports and sat courtside for that game. amazing
BC hoops (Dwayne's shot) & West Virginia pigskin (2pt. conversion) - 2 loudest I remember...

BC game was the loudest moment in Dome history. Not even close

That game was incredible. I worked for Super Sports and sat courtside for that game. amazing

For those that want to watch the video to get some idea what you mean.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom