Towson Gameday... | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Towson Gameday...

Now folks. There is a reason Mule has held on to his spot. Because he has done a lot of good things for us this season. We get a lot of something out of nothing looks with his passing ability. Also we pulled out something similar in the second half against UVA so this is not the first time we are doing this move with Leo. I think in certain match ups you want the extra dodging power. Some games we are dicing up our opponents with passing/ball movement and I think that overall is a better time for Mule.

I would be fine with us permanently keeping this change. Would also be fine with us using it as a wrinkle later in games to throw teams off. We will see what they do.
This. Good post. Especially... "use as wrinkle later in games to throw teams off"
The coaches know Mule's abilities and also when to change things up.

Please wear the Otto helmet all the way to the Championship!!
lax otto helmet.jpg

Last edited:
I agree moving leo to attack helped spread field and opened lanes. Possible we went on run without the switch but prob def not as big of run that we did. I truely think what really turned the game is mullen at x and tho wasn’t ton of saves but mark made some big saves in few he had which kept momentum from swinging. Also seem defense gained little bit more confidence after mark made some saves. I think holding leo moving down in back pocket if need it or even just to throw wrinkle randomly should be game plan. As someone said teams can prep and plan for that and then also can crush confidence of mulé who has his moments. Leo had that great move for one goal n is def a stud, but was on field a ton and didn’t do whole lot in first half. He had pole on him entire time anyway yes maby lsm to close defender but still think mid or att he should be able to do what he does. This team goes as hiltz and joey starting party. But everyone has to get involved. When multiple people are scoring defense can be lost on who to try to stop or worry about. Mulé has nice quick stick so maby have him go crease little more then be at x since clearly isn’t running by anyway and have leo invert. Either way fogos have to continue to battle and be from 40-50% from here on out while also mark making not just saves but quality saves also. He just isn’t exploding to ball or dropping straight down fast. Also noticed when guys drop sticks n he gets low he doesn’t explode up to where he should almost be jumping. If mark makes saves the defense gets more confidence and can play little loose lil more aggressive instead of constantly ball watching concerned bout sliding to make sure some lame duck shot gets off and in cause mark can’t stop a beach ball lately.

With denver as said watching them not a ton of speed to run by you but def have some size can go through you if playing stick not body. Also may mean be little slower to slide and def don’t slide it out guy isn’t beat or O guy has no angle for shot (cough kol cough ). Denver’s players as uva and duke have extreme stick skills and protection so can not just swing willy nilly for their stick have to play body and ride their hips. Their goalie is pretty solid but can def be scored on. Have to bury the open looks specially open net as think missed two open nets one all had to do is lightly toss it n been goal but we sailed it over net. Gotta start fast and never let off pedal till have 10goal lead and 2mins left in game.

sorry for such long book and not spacing it out enough and of course spelling errors i’m from delco it happens.

I agree moving leo to attack helped spread field and opened lanes. Possible we went on run without the switch but prob def not as big of run that we did. I truely think what really turned the game is mullen at x and tho wasn’t ton of saves but mark made some big saves in few he had which kept momentum from swinging. Also seem defense gained little bit more confidence after mark made some saves. I think holding leo moving down in back pocket if need it or even just to throw wrinkle randomly should be game plan. As someone said teams can prep and plan for that and then also can crush confidence of mulé who has his moments. Leo had that great move for one goal n is def a stud, but was on field a ton and didn’t do whole lot in first half. He had pole on him entire time anyway yes maby lsm to close defender but still think mid or att he should be able to do what he does. This team goes as hiltz and joey starting party. But everyone has to get involved. When multiple people are scoring defense can be lost on who to try to stop or worry about. Mulé has nice quick stick so maby have him go crease little more then be at x since clearly isn’t running by anyway and have leo invert. Either way fogos have to continue to battle and be from 40-50% from here on out while also mark making not just saves but quality saves also. He just isn’t exploding to ball or dropping straight down fast. Also noticed when guys drop sticks n he gets low he doesn’t explode up to where he should almost be jumping. If mark makes saves the defense gets more confidence and can play little loose lil more aggressive instead of constantly ball watching concerned bout sliding to make sure some lame duck shot gets off and in cause mark can’t stop a beach ball lately.

With denver as said watching them not a ton of speed to run by you but def have some size can go through you if playing stick not body. Also may mean be little slower to slide and def don’t slide it out guy isn’t beat or O guy has no angle for shot (cough kol cough ). Denver’s players as uva and duke have extreme stick skills and protection so can not just swing willy nilly for their stick have to play body and ride their hips. Their goalie is pretty solid but can def be scored on. Have to bury the open looks specially open net as think missed two open nets one all had to do is lightly toss it n been goal but we sailed it over net. Gotta start fast and never let off pedal till have 10goal lead and 2mins left in game.

sorry for such long book and not spacing it out enough and of course spelling errors i’m from delco it happens.

Hey at least one additional paragraph is appreciated, let's shoot for 2 or 3 next post, baby steps.

If mark makes saves the defense gets more confidence and can play little loose lil more aggressive instead of constantly ball watching concerned bout sliding to make sure some lame duck shot gets off and in cause mark can’t stop a beach ball lately.
not only was mark not making saves against towson but he allowed an alarming number of thru the crease passes leading to easy goals. his life would be much easier if he'd knock those suckers down.

Spallina has 156pts on his career so far. He's on pace to be in the top 5 all time points list in Syracuse history. He just needs 152pts to pass Mikey Powell for most pts all time.
Hot take: If Spallina didn’t come into college as “Joey Spallina,” we’d be likening his output and trajectory to CJ Kirst and Matt Brandau, who are pretty much universally revered.

Really, it makes guys like Shelly and O’Neill seem more impressive to me since they’ve had to meet the hype throughout their careers and largely have (but even Shelly redshirted if I recall correctly).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom