9-2 w/JB on the bench 4-5 w/o JB on the bench | Syracusefan.com

9-2 w/JB on the bench 4-5 w/o JB on the bench

Alsacs

Living Legend
I really hope the NCAA selection committee factors that in when they discuss Syracuse on the board for consideration.

If this team is 19-12 going into the ACC T we should have a pretty good chance to make the tourney.

I really hope the NCAA selection committee factors that in when they discuss Syracuse on the board for consideration.

If this team is 19-12 going into the ACC T we should have a pretty good chance to make the tourney.
yeah and more importantly, we are 2-0 when you don't watch. make yourself busy on Saturday.

yeah and more importantly, we are 2-0 when you don't watch. make yourself busy on Saturday.
I can't lie I did watch the end of the game as I couldn't take seeing the lead shrink. I didn't jinx it though as we held on.

Thought this was deeply unfair to Hop when I saw it posted on screen on ESPN and discussed by Williams and Greenberg and same thing here.

This isn't Hop's team. He got the call on quick notice and did the best he could with the situation

More importantly, in Silver Linings Playbook logic: Syracuse is now 5-0 (all away from home and 3 of those against ranked opponents) when I have inlaws visiting. In games with no inlaws we are 8-7. I told my sister-in-law (who was here for Wake and Duke) that her new personal motto is "Excelsior" (state motto of NY and by extension NY's College Team).

This is why I pray they open up the search nationally. Syracuse can darn well hire just about anybody they want.

I don't want to hear that it's not Hopkins' team. This isn't football with 85 players. Hop recruited all of these kids. They didn't play for him the way they play for JB. Maybe it's a lack of respect IDK. But again this isn't football where it's valid excuse.

This is why I pray they open up the search nationally. Syracuse can darn well hire just about anybody they want.

I don't want to hear that it's not Hopkins' team. This isn't football with 85 players. Hop recruited all of these kids. They didn't play for him the way they play for JB. Maybe it's a lack of respect IDK. But again this isn't football where it's valid excuse.
I've warmed up to Hop being the next coach but it definitely is eye opening the difference in intensity since JAB has returned. It's a shocking difference but I still think Hop will do well.

Unfortunately, I agree. Hop seemed overmatched in his albeit limited time at the helm. Just not confident in his decisions nor did he get the most out of our roster. JB can flat out coach, that has just been reinforced to me again since his return. He may be stubborn as can be, but the guy is a basketball savant. No way he loses to St. Johns, and definitely wins one of the three against Pitt, Clemson, Miami.

The chair of the selection committee is on record saying they'll take JB's suspension into account when evaluating our resume. What matters most is how we perform w/ JB at the helm. We're in decent shape.

OK, who would we be willing to ante up for?
Jay Wright, Billy Donovan when he crashes out of the NBA, Ed Cooley, Archie Miller.

I mean there are plenty of guys if we wanted to conduct a national search for. College basketball coaches don't get college football coach money off the bat.

OK, who would we be willing to ante up for?

There's a small list of coaches who would not be in play. CoachK, Calipari, Self, Williams, Izzo, Pitino. Then there's the list of old guys we wouldn't want. Everyone else would listen.

As Alsacs said, Wright & Donovan to start. Sean Miller, Shaka Smart, the list is LONG.

Shoot I think even a guy like Bill Self would listen. New challenge.

There's a small list of coaches who would not be in play. CoachK, Calipari, Self, Williams, Izzo, Pitino. Then there's the list of old guys we wouldn't want. Everyone else would listen.

As Alsacs said, Wright & Donovan to start. Sean Miller, Shaka Smart, the list is LONG.

Bill Self? The big 4 coaches (Kansas, UNC, Kentucky, Duke) are not leaving for a lower tier.

Syracuse, Texas and Arizona are right in that next tier. Can't see Miller or Smart leaving. These are all desination jobs that people don't leave unless it involves you are going to the NBA, the big 4, or your alma mater.

That doesn't mean that there are not many attractive coaches out there.

Hall of Fame coach vs never been a head coach. Hop isnt in JB league, most are not. Hop will get a couple of years to prove himself and if he lays an egg will be fired

Putting yourself in Jay Wright's shoes and stepping out of the mindset of an SU fan, why would you leave Nova for SU? Again, trying as hard as you can to remove any SU allegiance from your brain and look at it from a business sense.

Putting yourself in Jay Wright's shoes and stepping out of the mindset of an SU fan, why would you leave Nova for SU? Again, trying as hard as you can to remove any SU allegiance from your brain and look at it from a business sense.

Money, facilities, conference.

The guy has a deep respect for SU and our history, having seen it first hand.

Man, people complain about JB's teams folding down the stretch, Wright's teams tank more than anyone.

Bill Self? The big 4 coaches (Kansas, UNC, Kentucky, Duke) are not leaving for a lower tier.

Syracuse, Texas and Arizona are right in that next tier. Can't see Miller or Smart leaving. These are all desination jobs that people don't leave unless it involves you are going to the NBA, the big 4, or your alma mater.

That doesn't mean that there are not many attractive coaches out there.

I put Bill Self in the list of coaches not in play.

could say that about anybody except K or Pay, no?

Idk, do Izzo's teams? Did Bo Ryan? Does Roy. Miller?

Nova is barely a step up from Georgetown when it comes to March success if you ask me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom