98 days until selection sunday | Syracusefan.com

98 days until selection sunday

I love the whole NCAA tourney thing! It has some flaws but you have a shot if you are a decent team every season and it just adds so much interest down the stretch to see who's fighting for spots or even what team you may not have watched all season might be our first round match up when you are a protected seed. Seeing what teams you are competing with to get the region you want. Complaning about the seeding and the draw! Its great and in the end Every team with a real chance to win the whole thing finds their way in.

Wow, 98 days. How will I make it until thennnnn?

2 seed in the west and everyone will be mad

If we are a 2 seed in the west who are the 1 and 2 seeds in the east? Duke, UK, UNC all have 2 losses already. Lville has loss. Usually you get shipped west because the other teams that want th East have better resume's but you still made the high seed line.

LOL, I'm already mad.

I am cautiously optimistic that I don't see many losses on the schedule this year.

Cusefan0307 said:
I am cautiously optimistic that I don't see many losses on the schedule this year.

Maryland lost to george washington tonight. There are lots of mediocre teams in the acc

Maryland and BC are killing the ACC with their frequent OOC loses. BC is losing to everybody...but I'm sure when we we visit Conte they'll give us a tough time.

Maryland and BC are killing the ACC with their frequent OOC loses. BC is losing to everybody...but I'm sure when we we visit Conte they'll give us a tough time.

If by tough time you mean they hit say 3 of their first 5 3's and then we roll them then I agree.

I love the whole NCAA tourney thing! It has some flaws but you have a shot if you are a decent team every season and it just adds so much interest down the stretch to see who's fighting for spots or even what team you may not have watched all season might be our first round match up when you are a protected seed. Seeing what teams you are competing with to get the region you want. Complaning about the seeding and the draw! Its great and in the end Every team with a real chance to win the whole thing finds their way in.

Until you lose. Then it sucks, and you just want to die.

Once again the NCAA Tournament Committee has stupidly assigned two pods out west in Spokane and San Diego. And once again there is a lack of western teams to makes up these seeds -- and even if they do they could be 4 seed level teams. They do this every year, and 4 and 5 seeds from the east or Mid america are shipped out west.

What does this mean? If you are a 4 seed your likely being shipped out west. So lets say for example Syracuse was a 4 seed, and Kentucky was a 3 seed, Kentucky would go to Buffalo before being shipped out west.

So the key to Buffalo is a 3 seed or above. With a 3 seed there are a few programs that could spoil it, but you would need 2 programs from the list below to be 1/2 seed teams. That would seem unlikely.

Villanova
UMass
UConn
Pitt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online