How long until Colorado implodes? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

How long until Colorado implodes?

He had to bring in bodies to replace the guys that left. I am giving him credit for that. 35th class is not high quality. This years transfer class is 25th so I expect to see better results
Rather arbitrary to not give him credit and not acknowledge he brought in good players. Again, the class was weighted down by the back end.

Rather arbitrary to not give him credit and not acknowledge he brought in good players. Again, the class was weighted down by the back end.
The turmoil within the Colorado Buffaloes locker room underscores the challenges of Coach Prime's leadership style. While the desire for instant success is understandable, the associated instability and violence reveal deeper issues within the program. As the season progresses, it remains to be seen how these internal conflicts will impact the Buffaloes on the field. athlonsports.com

When they only win four games again who is he going to blame. Dumped on Sean Lewis but SDSU was smart enough to hire him. Brought in a whole new Oline. I do not think it will matter. Seems like he son holds on to the ball to long which contributes to the sacks.
Did anyone else hear the recent Fran Brown interview discussing Savion Washington where he says Deion is his friend and Fran would never say anything to go against Deion? Fran then blamed Savion Washington's problems at CU on, yes you guessed it, a board favorite, "the OC" (ie, Sean Lewis).

I've had a place in Colorado for 40 years. Raised my kids there. Know many Buff fans and supporters. Prime had an excellent opportunity when he was hired but from what im hearing he is on very thin ice. His shtick is wearing thin with boosters and the administration.

Shadeur and Hunter were high quality. They also had to get acclimated coming from FCS. Hunter was a stud regardless. I wasn’t expecting Shadeur to transition as well as he did.

Cannot speak for anyone else. But I don’t “hate” the guy. And I don’t hope to see him fail. I just think he’s a guy I wouldn’t like as the football coach of my team. I have a difficult time seeing him as an effective coach, and I think his schtick would get old fast. That’s not hating on him or having him live rent free in my head.
I wonder how fast some will turn on Fran when stories come out of him trying to create the dawg mentality

I wonder how fast some will turn on Fran when stories come out of him trying to create the dawg mentality
What is the "Dawg mentality"? How do you know? Be specific, please. And be specific about actions that Fran will be taking to instill this, which are ethically unsound.

Sports is entertainment and having someone to root against makes it more fun.

I mean, wasn’t it more fun back in the day when we had personalities like John Thompson, Rollie, Pitino, PJ, Calhoun, etc. to root against? Wasn’t it fun when guys like Steve Spurrier came to the Dome and we could direct our ire at him?

Love him or hate him, Sanders makes people care. In an environment where so many coaches are desperately trying to say nothing all the time, it’s fun to have a guy like him around who talks nonsense.
I never considered a rival to be a heel. A heel in my mind is a bad guy that no one likes at all. I see your point though.

What is the "Dawg mentality"? How do you know? Be specific, please. And be specific about actions that Fran will be taking to instill this, which are ethically unsound.
Fights like what we saw in the NY/ Detriot practice yesterday. Coaches wont come out and say they like it but they do want to see you fight for your brothers. There's a fine line in that but some coaches allow players to pass that line if it means building a tougher team. IDK if Fran will allow this. I just think some people will turn on him if he does.

Because every human that has come into contact with him speaks of his character. Pretty easy answer there.
People speak highly of coaches character all the time. Its doesnt mean it translates to his program or on the field.

Last edited:
Fights like what we saw in the NY/ Detriot practice yesterday. Coaches wont come out and say they like it but they do want to see you fight for your brothers. There's a fine line in that but some coaches allow players to pass that line if it means building a tougher team. IDK if Fran will allow this. I just think some people will turn on him if he does.
Folks aren't going to complain about spontaneous shoving. That's been happening since time immemorial under all coaches. But a coach who allowed it to grow into a melee, with physical assault? Yeah that would be an issue. Quite apart from the lack of team control, it's a stupid injury risk.

But the essential distinction is spontaneity in the heat of the athletic moment, versus standing two dudes up deliberately and making them fight. The latter is absolutely a choice, a culture, and it's abhorrent.

There is a big difference of creating “a dog” mentality” and allowing kids to set up fights amongst each other. Doing so would only create more animosity and team chaos. How would you like to find out if your 18-19 year old son got the kicked out of him and the coach encouraged it. No way. I can’t see HCFB allowing anything like that. Just my opinion.

Folks aren't going to complain about spontaneous shoving. That's been happening since time immemorial under all coaches. But a coach who allowed it to grow into a melee, with physical assault? Yeah that would be an issue. Quite apart from the lack of team control, it's a stupid injury risk.

But the essential distinction is spontaneity in the heat of the athletic moment, versus standing two dudes up deliberately and making them fight. The latter is absolutely a choice, a culture, and it's abhorrent.
Yep - spontaneous fights aren’t indicative of a culture, setting up fights between players is.

Do we know for sure prime did that? If so, it’s dead wrong but it’s just hard for me to believe that.

There is a big difference of creating “a dog” mentality” and allowing kids to set up fights amongst each other. Doing so would only create more animosity and team chaos. How would you like to find out if your 18-19 year old son got the kicked out of him and the coach encouraged it. No way. I can’t see HCFB allowing anything like that. Just my opinion.

I agree with everything you said. I just don’t think Prime is doing that. Why would he? There’s a lot of people he’s pissing off. I can see them putting this out and exaggerating these stories.

I think he's trying to protect the value of his 1994 San Francisco 49er Deion Sanders jersey.

lol well as a Cowboys fan I was never enthralled with Neon in a star and definitely never wanted a jersey I will say that much.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish here in this thread? Some kind of social experiment for a class?
I’m sorry. If you don’t want to hear my thoughts then don’t respond or ask me questions.

I’m sorry. If you don’t want to hear my thoughts then don’t respond or ask me questions.

I am just curious- seems like a very purposeful point of view you are taking to some pre determined end…