How long until Colorado implodes? | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

How long until Colorado implodes?

I just read an article that stated Deion and the Governor (AD of the football program at Colorado) are vehemently denying the allegations made by Athlon Sports in reference to them allowing players set up prearranged fights against one another. Both want to sue to stop the false rumors. FWIW.

What’s funny is wins and losses will determine a lot more on this topic. If year 2 is a flop then the whole he is great for cfb is a pointless exercise if year 2 is successful then intrigue continues… so far the attention has been mostly bad outside of the early success that had everyone watching. By mid season it was annoying and it hasn’t improved since.

I am just curious- seems like a very purposeful point of view you are taking to some pre determined end…
I’m replying to people that respond to me. I think their opposing thoughts says a lot too.

Here is an observation between two black coaches Prime and Fran. Both are open about being faith based.

I don't think i have ever seen a picture of Prime without a Cross bigger than my arm hanging off him. I don't think I have ever seen a picture of Fran wearing a cross. I'm sure it's nothing just coincidence but one lives it and the other might just use it. Again, pure speculation.

Do you or don't you have a 1994 San Francisco 49er Deion Sanders jersey?

American Idol Reaction GIF by Idols Global

Here is an observation between two black coaches Prime and Fran. Both are open about being faith based.

I don't think i have ever seen a picture of Prime without a Cross bigger than my arm hanging off him. I don't think I have ever seen a picture of Fran wearing a cross. I'm sure it's nothing just coincidence but one lives it and the other might just use it. Again, pure speculation.
Normally don't get into anything about religion, and won't again.
But true believe is walking the walk, not talking the talk.

Because every human that has come into contact with him speaks of his character. Pretty easy answer there.
Not sure why people keep responding to this guy. He clearly is not an su fan. If you cannot see Fran’s character and expectations for the program you are not an su fan and do not follow su football.
Seems like a col. or prime fan lurking on an su fan site.

I just read an article that stated Deion and the Governor (AD of the football program at Colorado) are vehemently denying the allegations made by Athlon Sports in reference to them allowing players set up prearranged fights against one another. Both want to sue to stop the false rumors. FWIW.
Then he should sue if it’s not true instead of threaten. You would hope Athalon is not releasing an article without sources confirming their allegations.

Tim Green wrote in “Dark Side of the Game” that Sanders was a great teammate and one of the most business savvy guys he’s ever known. I don’t entirely get that; I played with a star player who acted a lot like Deion - nobody could stand him and he had a huge impact on creating terrible team chemistry. I don’t know how you can be as self-promoting as Sanders is, and still be a positive impact on team chemistry - but that’s what Green said.

I don’t know that approach can work as a coach though. One of the things that drove me insane about Coach P was after losses when he would talk about “execution needs to be better”. It sounded like a coach saying “hey, I did everything right, we called the right plays - players just screwed it up”. Because of his persona and approach, Sanders tends to throw players under the bus in a similar way. It can work for short periods of time, but tends to fail in the long run.
A consumable persona for “branding” can be very different from how you treat your teammates.

Normally don't get into anything about religion, and won't again.
But true believe is walking the walk, not talking the talk.
You can do both. That’s what preachers, ministers, rabbis, priests do, isn’t it.

I’m not sure there’s a topic that I find more awkward than discussing the character of a college football coach.

It never ends well.
I liked the old days of discussing the comfort of a football coach sleeping at Manley on a couch.

Sanders always is about THE SHOw. He's aways acting to draw as much attention as possible. he knows how many. black grandmas there are who will push little Johnny hard toward the coach she thinks most Lilley tom help that boy stay with Jesus. Bowden made a killing doing that in a low key way.

Saying they want to sue really doesn't move my needle. File the suit and I'll start paying attention.

I’m not sure there’s a topic that I find more awkward than discussing the character of a college football coach.

It never ends well.
Penn St fans agree with you. They hope never to hear about JoePa's character again.