A Badger/Duke fan's Scoop assessment | Syracusefan.com

A Badger/Duke fan's Scoop assessment

bballbeadle

Woman of a certain age
I have a friend who's a Badger/Duke fan (grew up in Wis., now lives in Durham) but whose daughter graduated from SU, so he likes us as well. He watched the game with high ambivalence. Afterwards, he wrote to congratulate me and commented that Scoop was a quality kid. I asked him to explain and he wrote this (he tends to rant a bit):

I think 'Cuse fans, being the astute students of the game they generally are, know very well what Scoop has brought this year. The statistical stuff is easy, & from what I've read, he's getting a lot of props up there for the intangibles: accepting the roles he needs to play for the team, his developed leadership skills, that on & off the court charisma, the clutch steadiness in tough situations, the confidence he now engenders in & with his teammates -- I mean this is all a loooong way from the brash south Philly kid who showed up on campus some five years ago. There was a whole lotta hard work on himself & his game going on in that time: a whole lotta there there to paraphrase Ms. Stein. & to me, that's how it should be in college b-ball. Without Syracuse, what are the chances this would have happened? I hate, no make that loath & despise to the degree with which Dante assigned human souls to the ninth circle of Hell this one & done, or two & through, or three & flee putrid runny horses**t that dominates the college game now -- such standouts as Melo (Carmelo that is) notwithstanding. It's the Scoops of the college basketball world who should be the gold standard of achievement -- not the (& this hurts to say) the Irvings, or apparently the Rivers. Besides, how could a four year old boy possibly be wrong? (see http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=WZcJQQ_V92I

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom