Random Positives From Yesterday | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Random Positives From Yesterday

Damn it, Beadle. Your comment caused me to do some reading. :mad:

It does appear that there are differences, depending on what we're talking about. Men have been found generally to be more optimistic when it comes to financial endeavors (I'm summarizing while drinking a beer, so keep that in mind). The two studies I read though don't talk about a team that wears orange and was coached by a hall of famer and then taken over by a long time assistant. I don't know. I should ask my wife, as she's a clinical psychologist, but that would mean I would have to listen more today which I don't feel like doing. I've already had to listen to my boss (at work) once today. :p
I am also a therapist, Nicknack, which is why this topic interests me. Or I WAS a therapist until retirement turned my brain to mush. A study showed that fans seem to have better mental health than people who aren’t fans. I wonder if it has something to do with learning to cope with loss and the ecstatic feelings after a win?

I am pretty sure men in general are more aggressive and confrontational (testosterone) and that can come out in the board.

I am also a therapist, Nicknack, which is why this topic interests me. Or I WAS a therapist until retirement turned my brain to mush. A study showed that fans seem to have better mental health than people who aren’t fans. I wonder if it has something to do with learning to cope with loss and the ecstatic feelings after a win?

I am pretty sure men in general are more aggressive and confrontational (testosterone) and that can come out in the board.
Ahhh, I see! Cool. Also, you're always a therapist whether you're currently practicing or not. :cool: I have a masters degree in counseling - that's where I met my wife actually (at UGA).

As for your comment about men in general being more aggressive and confrontational, I believe is spot on for sure. That is certainly seen on this board. We could definitely use more young ladies like yourself around here!

We are all very different and it is probably disingenuous to attribute pessimism more to males than females. I so think women are more disposed to support, comfort and circle the wagons where the men tend towards “Off with their heads!”

Oops, and that comment may have been disingenuous as well. :rolleyes:
...I prefer "Take no prisoners"!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom