a bit surprised | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

a bit surprised

Only one member of the DO staff had the Orange as good as 6-6. The other two had losing seasons.
I think the Newhouse professors teach the kids to avoid homerism.

Seems to me a lot of Newhouse grads stress neutralism. Even go the point of being overly negative to their beloved alma mater.

It isn’t the worst thing in the world.

I think the Newhouse professors teach the kids to avoid homerism.

Seems to me a lot of Newhouse grads stress neutralism. Even go the point of being overly negative to their beloved alma mater.

It isn’t the worst thing in the world.

It makes me appreciate Sean McDonough's and Mike Tirico's unabashed homerism even more.

But those guys are so highly established, that it doesn't impact their careers / how people perceive them.

The level of excitement I feel this time each year cannot be good for longevity

Wouldn’t be surprised if we only see OG for a couple drives today.

Beat colgate by 40, beat WMU by 40, do not take the foot off the gas straight through Purdue and Army.

Unleash the dogs Dino

The level of excitement I feel this time each year cannot be good for longevity

Wouldn’t be surprised if we only see OG for a couple drives today.

Beat colgate by 40, beat WMU by 40, do not take the foot off the gas straight through Purdue and Army.

Unleash the dogs Dino
These are stat padding games. anyone who played college sports or even HS never wants to come out of the game until you got you’re work in. i think it depends how we’re playing. if we are clicking and up 40+ going into the 4th, then yes, j agree rest them. But this team needs to be on point to set the tone for the season. A thorough 52-0 will be a good tell.

These are stat padding games. anyone who played college sports or even HS never wants to come out of the game until you got you’re work in. i think it depends how we’re playing. if we are clicking and up 40+ going into the 4th, then yes, j agree rest them. But this team needs to be on point to set the tone for the season. A thorough 52-0 will be a good tell.

With the quality depth I can see higher scores when the 2nd/3rd strings are in. They want to show what they have and I'm hoping Dino doesn't play the stat game to bump up numbers for OG or Allen.

Not sure when the last time was that we could work out the kinks at home first 2 weeks with easy opponents.

Even last year Louisville was a team that had humiliated us for a few years running and a road game 2 blowouts but both sapped the team emotionally we weren't exactly jacked for Purdue. Think it bodes well.

People have already said that the DO kids are instructed to not be homers. I think ACC fans at large would predict us to do well.

These kids never saw the glory days. No harm no foul.

But Dino’s radio show… No more of Dino’s BS “this is a tall task” type stuff…

We need to stomp this team. We need to come out crisp and clean. We need to be getting 2nd and 3rd’s reps mid 2nd half.

Dino should’ve came out and said he expects his team to execute at a high level and take care of business. We owe nothing to Colgate.

62-10.

Predictions…..laughable, meaningless and often wrong….until they are not. This isn’t the housing bubble or beanie babies market crashes, this is football and sports always has surprises. Play to win, keep the fans entertained and keep it up every week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom