A Couple of Key Revelations from the NCAA Chair on CBS | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

A Couple of Key Revelations from the NCAA Chair on CBS

That "something stinks" is our play over the past month. We have nobody to blame but ourselves for our lower seed. Can't lose at home to BC and GaTech and expect to get bailed out by the selection committee.

If anything though, I think we have already been building "play in the last month" by automatically putting us on the 3 line.

Purely looking at numbers -- are we worse than Nova, Virginia, Kansas, Duke, Wisconsin, Iowa St, even Michigan if they lose today? Every one is purely open to debate from a numerical perspective.

We have just placed anybody that we are close to numbers wise, above us based on what we have done recently.

That "something stinks" is our play over the past month. We have nobody to blame but ourselves for our lower seed. Can't lose at home to BC and GaTech and expect to get bailed out by the selection committee.
I knew this would be the response. Body of work. 27-5 should not be a 4 seed. 3 seed should be the worst. GT loss was without Grant

OrlandoCuse said:

Sure you can. Duke lost to Wake recently. It happens. I don't get how people think that one part if the season is weighted more than others when the committee said specifically they look at the whole deal. Florida has a 25 game winning streak now, we had one earlier.

I bet we are a 3.

In the future I will refrain from using subjective terms like "many" in favor of subjective terms like "some" and "few". It will prevent confusion.:cool:

that's probably not a bad idea -- making things up to fit one's agenda is not a good look.

BTW, how many different posters in that thread actually said that SU deserved a 2 seed?

why the he11 even come out publicly with all this BS "overall body of work" and "total resume" crap if you're not going to actually adhere to it. Just more NCAA PR lip service.
The committee gets to play god for a day (secretly, behind closed doors) and they relish every last second of it.

Like refs, they get to be the center of attention, and they love it.

If anything though, I think we have already been building "play in the last month" by automatically putting us on the 3 line.

Purely looking at numbers -- are we worse than Nova, Virginia, Kansas, Duke, Wisconsin, Iowa St, even Michigan if they lose today? Every one is purely open to debate from a numerical perspective.

We have just placed anybody that we are close to numbers wise, above us based on what we have done recently.
I think ultimately that will be the deciding factor that pushes all of those teams ahead of us.

Nova is actually debatable because I think they are fairly weak. Wisconsin and Nova are getting bumps strictly based on high RPI numbers. They both don't pass the eye test to me.

The opposite side of that coin is Louisville, UVa and Iowa St. They look like great teams right now despite so-so numbers.

If Louisville is the "mystery" team being discussed as a 1, then I suppose a couple of the pods will be shuffled. They will go to St. Louis w/ Wichita. Kansas will likely head to San Antonio.

that's probably not a bad idea -- making things up to fit one's agenda is not a good look.

BTW, how many different posters in that thread actually said that SU deserved a 2 seed?
Your application for board monitor is currently being reviewed by the committee.

So who was that 3rd team - was it Virginia or Louisville? Possibly Wisconsin, but that would not have fit what they guy said -- somebody was discussed alot this morning based on the eye test.

Both have been great since February.

I got totally swerved by the committee chair. They did what they were supposed to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom