A couple of odd ends | Syracusefan.com

A couple of odd ends

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
9448950-standard.jpg

Downstate coaches praise the SU staff for being so accessible. There is an open door policy once a week where high school coaches can sit in and watch how SU game plans for an upcoming opponent. Praise came in big heaps for Cody Catalina who is developing a great rapport with high school players and coaches. He is being viewed as a huge asset for the program. When he walks the hallways of a high school the kids come up and high five him.

http://media.At their request, this network is being blocked from this site./media/image/68/686637.jpg

Myles Davis and family were in attendance yesterday. The kid is freaking built and looks ready, body-wise for major college football.

6_184592.jpg

There were a small number of recruits on hand in the Dome yesterday. All told I would say about fourteen. Among them was the highly touted quarterback from the southern tier, Seton Catholics Caleb Scepaniak . This kid is all of 6-5.5 and it was learned Georgia Tech is in constant contact. Penn State and SU are among a few others who are keeping in touch. Caleb was on Tom Lemming's top 50 sophomores last year.

Another interesting prospect from the Saints who was there is Cole Mallory a TB/WR/DB/LS who transferred in from northern Pennsylvania's Susquehanna Community High School. He rushed for 70 yards on Friday but don't let that fool you, as he is part of a six man running back tandem. He is flying a bit under the radar but last year in Pa as a sophomore he led his conference in rushing. Cole might be a player for coaches to keep an eye on. Here are his sophomore highlights.

This clip shows his athletic IQ and athleticism.

Maybe Hoov50 could shed a little bit more light on these two? Seton has started off 2-1 with one win coming in OT, the loss was to a higher division school.

xsmall_RobinsonMicah_2011.jpg

Micah Robinson and family were spotted dining at the Olive Garden on Erie Blvd last night.

Too bad attendance was so bad... That is killing our ability to get these kids!

Too bad attendance was so bad... That is killing our ability to get these kids!

Yeah like attendance holds back Pitt who does an excellent job recruiting when a lot of fans are disguised as yellow seats, or at Northwestern who can't fill their stadium, or at BC who has done an excellent job recruiting even though are struggling. Give it a break about attendance holding us back. The kids are going to go where they are comfortable with the coaches, have a good chance to win, and some value an education. I mean most Rutgers recruits go there because they believe the BS from Schiano about playing in BCS bowls and winning a NC. That is what kids care about not that 30k+ plus( which is way more than they play HS games in front of) were in attendance. Until we hear HCDM say something code red about attendance hurting us its passive aggressive b#tching from within our fanbase that is unnecessary.

Why would a 6-5 passing QB go play at GT of all places?

Yeah like attendance holds back Pitt who does an excellent job recruiting when a lot of fans are disguised as yellow seats, or at Northwestern who can't fill their stadium, or at BC who has done an excellent job recruiting even though are struggling. Give it a break about attendance holding us back. The kids are going to go where they are comfortable with the coaches, have a good chance to win, and some value an education. I mean most Rutgers recruits go there because they believe the BS from Schiano about playing in BCS bowls and winning a NC. That is what kids care about not that 30k+ plus( which is way more than they play HS games in front of) were in attendance. Until we hear HCDM say something code red about attendance hurting us its passive aggressive b#tching from within our fanbase that is unnecessary.
Haven't the coaches said that is immensely important to have a strong fan base at the games... Haven't they done a ton of promos over the last few years and dropped ticket prices to get people at the games. I understand its not the only reason, education and relationships with coaches are important as well, but its hard to get a great feel for a school when you sit amongst 25,000 people at SU and 80,000 at Clemson... There is absolutely no doubt in my mind gameday atmosphere is huge when it comes to recruiting!!!

where is davis being viewed when he gets here? lb?

Haven't the coaches said that is immensely important to have a strong fan base at the games...

Yes they have, several times. That's why I always question why most everything SU does is against putting more fannies in the seats.

Haven't the coaches said that is immensely important to have a strong fan base at the games... I understand its not the only reason, but its hard to get a great feel for a school when you sit amongst 25,000 people at SU and 80,000 at Clemson... There is absolutely no doubt in my mind gameday atmosphere is huge when it comes to recruiting!!!
I am sure it doesn't help, but honestly this is my example is a kid going to go Kentucky who has 60k at each of its games and has no chance to win the SEC, or a 35k out of 50k Louisville who is winning more, has better coaching, and gives me a better chance to get to a BCS bowl game. That is up to the kid to decide some may like the 60k at each game others will like the later. My point is that the constant talk about attendance is not why we aren't recruiting its all about http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsIKexb5DM8
Greg Robinson won 12 games in FOUR YEARS that takes about 5 years to overcome. You were probably in the Dome in 2005 when WVU came in for the opener the Dome had 45k+ and was loud did we get recruits based on that atmosphere? No because we went 1-10. To get better attendance Syracuse is going to have follow Field of Dreams "if you build it people will come." Basically the Syracuse area is from Missouri if we show them they will come. Paul Pasqualoni from 2002-2004, Greg Robinson 2005-2008 KILLED the local fanbase. Once Marrone gets 5 years and attendance isn't better then I will become concerned, but the attendance isn't costing us recruits.

We could really have used M Davis this year. Hope he makes it in Jan.

I am sure it doesn't help, but honestly this is my example is a kid going to go Kentucky who has 60k at each of its games and has no chance to win the SEC, or a 35k out of 50k Louisville who is winning more, has better coaching, and gives me a better chance to get to a BCS bowl game. That is up to the kid to decide some may like the 60k at each game others will like the later. My point is that the constant talk about attendance is not why we aren't recruiting its all about http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsIKexb5DM8
Greg Robinson won 12 games in FOUR YEARS that takes about 5 years to overcome. You were probably in the Dome in 2005 when WVU came in for the opener the Dome had 45k+ and was loud did we get recruits based on that atmosphere? No because we went 1-10. To get better attendance Syracuse is going to have follow Field of Dreams "if you build it people will come." Basically the Syracuse area is from Missouri if we show them they will come. Paul Pasqualoni from 2002-2004, Greg Robinson 2005-2008 KILLED the local fanbase. Once Marrone gets 5 years and attendance isn't better then I will become concerned, but the attendance isn't costing us recruits.
I agree with what your saying... GROB actually won 10 games in 4 years. He killed our program. That does take time to rebuild. I think as fans its important to realize now that we need to support a program that may still take some lumps for the good of our future. You can't win without players, and you can't expect to get players if you don't win and have at least some of the bells and whistles of the other programs. It will be a few more years before we can seriously believe we have pulled out of our lull...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom