A couple of Upset Specials... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

A couple of Upset Specials...

For Murray St. today will the layoff hurt them? They last played March 3rd.

Jake, thanks for the St Bonny and USF picks--you made me some nice dough today here in Vegas! In Jake we trust!

I actually am having a hard time finding lower seeds over higher seeds. I think its going to be a chalk kind of year...but there are a couple that I think are screaming at me.

My favorite upset pick is St. Bonaventure over FSU. FSU is notorious for following up great performances by stinkers and by playing down to the level of the competition. FSU is flying high, and will probably look right past Bonaventure. The Bonnies will have the best offensive player on the court (Nicholson) and they run fantastic half court sets. Love, love, love the Bonnies..and the fact that this is ONLY a 6 point spread makes me think that alot of people do as well.

I also like Virginia over Florida. Virginia defends the hell out of the ball, and they apply great perimeter pressure. I don't think Florida is going to get many good looks from 3, but I don't think it'll stop them from chucking them anyway. I think this is an horrific matchup for Florida and I think Virginia knocks them out. I have serious doubts about florida's guards to be content tossing the ball into Patric Young.

The other team I like would be USF if they knock off Cal. Again, a team that defends very well and will keep the score down and close. Temple hasn't played anyone at all this year who plays this way...I think I would like USF in this matchup. Plus they get a game under their belt to get the jitters our of their system.

The final game that I would like is a potential matchup of West Virginia against OSU in Pittsburgh. Ohio St. got absolutely screwed if this matchup happens. Complete screw job by the committee. Sullinger vs Kilicli, that will be a freaking war if the officials let them bang. Horrible matchup for OSU in that regard because I don't think Sully will get many easy baskets out of his post up game.

The only other thing that I noticed is that Georgetown is only -3.5 over a 14 seed. WOW. Has to be the smallest spread of 3 vs 14 seeds ever right?

Don't quit your day job, Jake! ;)

I didn't do too badly this year with my upset picks:

13 Ohio over 4 Mich
12 VCU over 5 Wich St
12 USF over 5 Temple
11 NC st over 6 SD St

:noidea:

I didn't do too badly this year with my upset picks:

13 Ohio over 4 Mich
12 VCU over 5 Wich St
12 USF over 5 Temple
11 NC st over 6 SD St

:noidea:

nice man, keep us updated, maybe start a blog

I had duke losing to ND (chokers) and mizzou losing to Fla... So I kind of picked the 15 seeds to win, right?!

Glad i didnt read this thurs:D

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom